Hybrid Pop-Up Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hybrid Pop-Up Blind

So I like my pop up stand location but I'm not a fan of the Horizontal window especially shooting downhill a little. It forces you to shoot in a sort of crouch to get high enough to aim down.
    Also I use a floor to keep me comfortable up off the ground about 6 inches. I discovered last year the skunks like the home I made for them under the floor and even got into a bit of a tug-o-war with one in the pitch dark one morning. He was trying to pull the fabric of the blind under to pad his nest.

Here is my solution. I made a front wall to fit inside the blind so I can mount a pair of DeerView Windows. I also gives me a shelf for my cup'a'Joe and bino's as well as a video camera mount that doesn't require a tripod to get in the way.

When I actually set it up I'll screw it to the floor and staple around the perimeter to keep the critters out and remove the hub from the front wall and staple the fabric to the new front wall and cut out for my windows. Voila' Best of Both Worlds.

Nice

Comment

Hmmm I'm gonna have to look into this idea

Comment

Looks like I'm not going to get out for turkey season to get it set up.

Comment

Nice

Comment

This will be cool

Comment

That is a very cool idea. You could even do this with just some camo burlap material wrapped around the front for a real simple and inexpensive brush blind.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                That is a very cool idea. You could even do this with just some camo burlap material wrapped around the front for a real simple and inexpensive brush blind.
                Depending on how well the blind has survived in the weather, that might be all that's left of it!

Comment

id like to see pics of the whole thing set up. Sounds cool.

Comment

Great idea!

Comment

Waiting on the pics of this thing all put together.

Comment

cool idea

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                          Waiting on the pics of this thing all put together.
                          Yup me too! Might be Dove season now before I get out west again.

Comment

Finally got out to Gouldbusk and got this thing installed.
                            Amazed that even with the severe weather this spring the pop-up was still serviceable.

Comment

Pretty good idea! I like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X