No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many doers bred here in Houston co the past four days. Maybe the lockdown is about over and the killing starts again..

Comment

I for one am tarr'd of this dang rain!! Heck I still have a feeder in Webb County that has been under water for dang near 4 weeks!! All my sets in the south end of Liberty County are WAY under water... was at least able to get in there and get my cameras and pop ups out this time... hopefully it doesn't get high enough to get into my feeder mechanisms...

Comment

This weekend should be lights out in our area....Yes sir Mr. Game warden my 2 year old handles that .300 win like a champ.

Comment

Heating up nicely. Deer pics of nothing except does rear ends running past feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            I for one am tarr'd of this dang rain!! Heck I still have a feeder in Webb County that has been under water for dang near 4 weeks!! All my sets in the south end of Liberty County are WAY under water... was at least able to get in there and get my cameras and pop ups out this time... hopefully it doesn't get high enough to get into my feeder mechanisms...

Some big water coming four or five days out.

Comment

Yea, been watchin' that Steve... been rainin' all dang day here today too... I'm thinkin' my toes are beginnin to web out a little...

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
                I hate asking but really am stumped on this one. Any idea on age?

I think this is him from last year. I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you shoot him if you weren’t going to get this property again next year?i can’t decide if I want to wait on something bigger or just fill the freezer with a legal deer. Rumor has it that this property will be developed into neighborhood in a year or 2.

Comment

No shame in that deer.. If you like him and get a clean shot, do it.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    No shame in that deer.. If you like him and get a clean shot, do it.

I’m leaning that direction. I’m just still waiting to see a deer that was regular in my corn pile last year. I had him through the end of season so I assume he should still be around. He had potential to be something special this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
                      Would you shoot him if you weren’t going to get this property again next year?i can’t decide if I want to wait on something bigger or just fill the freezer with a legal deer. Rumor has it that this property will be developed into neighborhood in a year or 2.

Id especially shoot him if I were getting the land back next yr.Nice 4.5 plus deer to keep from breeding.

Comment

Had a good hunt this evening. Deer were on their feet for about the last hour of light. First was a nice young 7 point. He was the only deer to come in down wind of the corn pile. Second was a spike. The 7 wasn’t having it and ran him out. He was very vocal about it grunting loud and frequently. With the pile vacant. 4 does came in. They got spooked and left them back came the 7 with the spike lurking in the brush. He pushed him off again and the does came back in.

Comment

I am dying to hunt my corn-pile stand but I need a N/NW wind and no stinkin’ rain. Geez this sucks.

Comment

I will finally be back stateside and in my stand Friday, jet lag permitting. I've let a friend of mine log into my covert account and he's been giving me steady updates. I missed a big opportunity yesterday. 2 of our target bucks were at my stand multiple times throughout the day. Both are covering ground and pushing does around. Our little place should be real fun to hunt this weekend. Getting back to my stand will be interesting given the rain that happened yesterday.

Comment

85° this weekend I’ll be sitting out stars should align next weekend with weather moon an rut finally

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
                                I will finally be back stateside and in my stand Friday, jet lag permitting. I've let a friend of mine log into my covert account and he's been giving me steady updates. I missed a big opportunity yesterday. 2 of our target bucks were at my stand multiple times throughout the day. Both are covering ground and pushing does around. Our little place should be real fun to hunt this weekend. Getting back to my stand will be interesting given the rain that happened yesterday.

Good luck buddy!

Comment

Working...
                                X