For $19.99 on Amazon....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    Happiness was a mongoose with skyways and a tuff neck. Shimano guts. Give me a quarter Pike and a dirt track.
    Armadillo Downs was the place to be.

There is a guy named Matt Morrison, from Porter, that was a couple year older than me. He flat tore up Armadillo Downs back in the day. He had all these sponsors and was state-ranked and had a big old afro, which is weird as hell because he was white. But the coolest part is that the guy just never stopped loving it and owns a little bike shop on Ford Rd. called Sprockets. I need to go by there and see if he can find me a bike like my old Mongoose.

http://www.sprocketsbicycles.com

Comment

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z46UQ7u8PWQ"]Lori Loughlin BMX Dancing Prom Scene In Rad - YouTube[/ame]

YouTube comments:

Timmy Too Turnt Up
      I want to recreate this as the first dance at my wedding

Talkernate History
      This is the most romantic thing I've ever seen.

Jenson Lee
      Lori Laughlin's stuntperson was probably some guy in a wig. lol
      Last edited by Pigpiggy; 10-22-2018, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Man that was huge when I was nine.

Comment

After you watch it, come on over and take her for a ride

Comment

I ran into sprockets bike shop a few years ago when I bought a mountain bike. Small world. I went to Conroe school so I had a lot of friends that raced at armadillo Downs. Watched a few races but couldn't afford to play in that Arena. We had a homegrown race track off of 1314 in North Country subdivision in on Porter Ln.. Including a tall ramp over a creek. Almost lost my juevos there.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post

Started to mention that I owned a chrome Hutch. Wore that thing out. Jumped every ditch around pretty much. Had spiked pedals on mine. Maybe they were called Bear Claws or something like that. Aftermarket handlebar and seat clamps. Oh the memories!

Comment

Dam$- nice set!

Comment

My brother and I wore this VHS tape out! This one and Thrashin'. We even built a bicycle ramp and would jump our bikes into the creek at my folks' place. Turns out it was quite a workout to get your bike off the bottom of the creek. I'd have to swim down, grab it. Then drag it a couple steps back toward the bank, come up for air, and go back down for a couple steps. The bank was steep. Once we got close enough, we'd tie a rope around it and drag it up the bank and do it all over again. I had a Diamondback Viper. It was a nice bike, but it was no Mongoose. My brother had a Haro. It was awesome.

Man, this one brought back some memories, Curt. Thanks for sharing, buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    I ran into sprockets bike shop a few years ago when I bought a mountain bike. Small world. I went to Conroe school so I had a lot of friends that raced at armadillo Downs. Watched a few races but couldn't afford to play in that Arena. We had a homegrown race track off of 1314 in North Country subdivision in on Porter Ln.. Including a tall ramp over a creek. Almost lost my juevos there.
                    I think I rode that track a few times. I had a couple of friends, Jeff Bell and John Kerr, that lived in Golden Trails and there was good track over in that area. Probably the same one.

My best friend's neighbor, Craig Stanley, had an awesome track in his backyard that we rode a lot. Those were great times.

Comment

PK "freaking" Ripper

Comment

Originally posted by Pigpiggy View Post
                        Started to mention that I owned a chrome Hutch. Wore that thing out. Jumped every ditch around pretty much. Had spiked pedals on mine. Maybe they were called Bear Claws or something like that. Aftermarket handlebar and seat clamps. Oh the memories!
                        Oh, the Beat Claws! They were brutal on the shins when your foot came off the pedal and that thing swung around and busted your shin all up!

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                          Oh, the Beat Claws! They were brutal on the shins when your foot came off the pedal and that thing swung around and busted your shin all up!
                          Oh shoot!! I completely forgot about my shins getting busted up and bruised. Man that was painful!!!

How any of us guys were able to father children after all those times of getting hit in the wrong area is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            PK "freaking" Ripper
                            I had the only one in the neighborhood, rode it every day.

Comment

They were called Bear Traps, and yes, they would ruin your day if you slipped a pedal.

Comment

For $19.99 on Amazon....

My brother and I wore this VHS tape out! This one and Thrashin'. We even built a bicycle ramp and would jump our bikes into the creek at my folks' place. Turns out it was quite a workout to get your bike off the bottom of the creek. I'd have to swim down, grab it. Then drag it a couple steps back toward the bank, come up for air, and go back down for a couple steps. The bank was steep. Once we got close enough, we'd tie a rope around it and drag it up the bank and do it all over again. I had a Diamondback Viper. It was a nice bike, but it was no Mongoose. My brother had a Haro. It was awesome.

Man, this one brought back some memories, Curt. Thanks for sharing, buddy.

I had a viper too, until my sister ran over it with dads truck, then I got a Dyno VFR I bought at Kyles Bike & mower down in Haltom City.

Complete with bear claws, fancy gooseneck, custom seat...and nothing else. We took the brakes off because they clogged up with mud, and everything else that added weight. I even cut the bottom 4" off the seat post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-22-2018, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X