Target buck success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Target buck success

After an unsuccessful close call opening weekend I was ready to get back to the lease hoping for another encounter. Saturday morning I made it to the blind just in time to receive a tornado warning on my phone. Headed back to camp and watched the news to see the storm coming straight for us. Once it started getting bad we decided to ditch the hunting shack and ride it out in the truck. The news had said 78mph wind and it was every bit of that. I made it to the blind that evening for a hunt. I had very few daytime pictures of my target buck, he would come in early and leave at first light or not show up till right at dark so I was shocked when he first appeared an hour before dark. Then I understood my pictures when he stood motionless 100 yards down wind of my feeder for 45 minutes. With 15 minutes of light left he started making his way to the pen and it knew it was time. Then at 50 yards out he stopped again and stood there until shooting light faded out. Once it was finally dark he jumped in. Exciting but disappointing at the same time. Sunday morning was calm and super foggy. It wasn't long before I could see deer in the pen and with just a little light I could make out his beams and knew it was him. I just hoped he would stay long enough for shooting light. With the heavy fog and overcast skies it was 45 min past sunrise before I could see my peep. I finally shot and watched my arrow hit a little high and little back. I watched him run 50 yards into the creek and lost him. I waited an hr and then slipped out and went back to camp to give him a few hrs thinking it was a liver shot. We went back 4hrs later and picked up a spotty blood trail to the creek that quickly faded to nothing. I was starting to get nervous, then one of the guys with me said he's right there. He had only went 150 yards. I did it, i killed the buck I've dreamed about all summer long. He weighed 176lbs and scored 150 6/8". He's now the biggest buck I've taken. g[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice buck!!!!!

Big Congrats to you.

Comment

That's a great buck
      Congrats

Comment

Awesome buck!!!!

Comment

Congrats on a nice buck, good write up.

Comment

Great buck, congrats sir

Comment

Wow crazy weather and Super great buck!!!
              Congrats..
              Hill country?

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Awesome job man! Congrats on a great deer.

Comment

That’s a great buck.
                    Congrats!

Comment

That’s a big one congrats

Comment

Well done Redbone! He is a stud.

Comment

Great buck congrats on getting your target!

Just curious...what are we looking at or for in the bottom two pics?

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            Wow crazy weather and Super great buck!!!

Congrats..

Hill country?

Thanks. South of San Angelo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X