Strange Finds in the Woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
    Feeding my mom's cats one morning saw this sitting in here pasture about 200 yards from her house. Found out later an emergency landing for the guys training out of camp Bowie. Engine fire forced it down.
    You win!

Comment

Feeding my mom's cats one morning saw this sitting in here pasture about 200 yards from her house. Found out later an emergency landing for the guys training out of camp Bowie. Engine fire forced it down.
      That is a strange find!

Comment

This year while duck hunting on lake Sommerville me and Simsknives found a 7 point deer skull in the shallow waters. Just the tips of the antlers were poking out of the water.

We also found an old house on my families ranch that is deep in the woods. My Great Great Grandfather started our ranch and my mom even had no clue there was an old abandoned shack.

When I was a young kid I found an Indian Arrowhead in perfect condition when I was at Camp Stewart in Hunt, TX. I tried to mail it home to my parents using a regular envelope and when they got it the envelope had been torn and the arrowhead was not there. I am still a little upset about that because I have never found one again.

I have also found an old steel clothes iron and a few blades from an old plow.

Comment

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely the winner!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Old thread that I thought I would give a bump to.....

Comment

We used to hunt in south Texas when I was younger and we would always go out looking for arrowheads. My dad told us that they found a conquistador helmet on the ranch next to ours. I was never able to confirm that but I like to think it was true. It wouldn’t surprise me with the amount of historic stuff that was found around us.

Comment

1.Buddy in Montana found a US Govt Bear trap still set, chained to a tree when we were bowhunting. He went back with a hacksaw for it later.
                  2. Bowhunting the desert of Arizona for Javelina many years ago my brother and I sat down for some lunch. He put his hand on something smooth and thought it was some helmet of some kind. Dig it up and it was an old Indian bowl buried for who knows how long. We took it home to Montana and his wife planted flowers in it.
                  3. A few years ago I was driving early morning in the dark to check my traps and saw a drunk laying in the ditch, so I backed up to help him and get him warmed up, but it was a little late. It was a Mexican with his sweatshirt pulled up to reveal some big Mexican Mafia tattoo and he had 4 bullet holes in his stomach and 1 in his throat. I did catch 4 hogs that morning so it turned out well. ( I know..I know....gut shooting people is probably going to offend some on here)

Comment

Well in the last two weeks I have found two different methheads camping in the woods on places I hunt. So that is exciting. Game Warden gave them a ride to the Mclennan County Bed and Breakfast.

Comment

Mule deer hunting in Northeast Wyoming near Buffalo on the 250,000 acre Padlock Ranch 20 years ago. I was following my guide out of one of those deep coulees. He was a young fellow in good shape un like me. Out in that country its grass land as far as you can see not a tree in sight. Anyways he would hump up a 100 yards or so stop and wait for me to catch up and get my breath. On about the third pull out of this coulee he is standing there on this steep slope. I catch up to him huffing and puffing. I catch my breath and he says look down at your feet and down this slope. And there at my feet I was standing at the base of a 50' petrified pine tree. Laid out like a beautiful Christmas tree flat as the ground. Looked like a tattoo in the earth of a tree. Just beautiful.

Comment

There was no security around it?

Comment

Two years ago I dropped my cap on the lease road getting out of the truck. I figured I would pick it up next time I was out. Well I forgot all about until this year. While hiking back to the cabin I found it on a trail. This was about 800 yards from the road. The bill had some tooth marks on it. I still wear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not strange. But 2 years ago my son dropped his cell phone in the brush trailing a buck he shot. We followed the trail over and over again. We looked all over. It would show up in the last spot he got cell. We gave up and moved on.

This year I was trailing a deer in that same area and walked right up on his cell phone. The cows had stepped on it and broke it but there it was.

We pulled the sim card and and put it in another phone. It works...

Comment

We had 2 land at the ranch a couple of yrs ago. By the time my brother headed that way to see if there was a problem they took off and waved at him. No idea why they landed but I am assuming a bathroom break. lol

Comment

I gutted a doe and quartered her out into an ice chest. The next day I went to sharpen the knife and realized I had dropped it somewhere by the gut pile. I figured it had fallen out of my pocket while loading the ice chest into the mule. I went to the gut pile and couldn't find it, oh well cheap knife from walmart. This year while clearing brush in an area I had never been in before, I found the knife on a game trail in the woods 300 yards from the place I gutted out the doe. I guess a scavenger carried it for some reason because of the smell. I will go to my grave wondering if whatever animal found it cut itself on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X