Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All rubber hunting boots...scent difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All rubber hunting boots...scent difference?

Do all rubber hunting boots really make that much difference in putting down scent than your standard rubber/leather boot?

I'm not sure about your sent but I can't get by the rubber smell. I wear them at times to make sure my feet stay dry. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by Crookhunter View Post
      Do all rubber hunting boots really make that much difference in putting down scent than your standard rubber/leather boot?
      yes

Comment

Yes

Comment

Yes

Comment

yes rubber boot is a must for me

Comment

Yes

Comment

I'm gonna go against the grain. I say no. Plus I've got some a few years old that still reek of rubber. No way that smell is not the same/worse than any other smell I'd leave behind.

Comment

I don't think they much difference. I've been busted many times by my scent trail by hogs when wearing rubber boots. My dog had no problem following my scent trail when wearing rubber boots. Where I hunt the deer don't bust you from a scent trail but the pigs do. When putting out corn for deer I can walk all over the area and throw the corn out with my hands and they never bust me. Pigs will bust me pretty much every time. I haven't worn rubber boots for several years because of this.

Comment

I never noticed any difference. I've had an old smart nanny doe walk over my trail where I was wearing rubber boots and see her turn inside out busting out of there like she had been shot with a blunt. I hated this old b!tch and finally got my revenge one day during a hard rain.
                    Stepping in a fresh cow patty or grinding my boots on top of fresh sheep do is about all I ever do anymore. If it's raining and really muddy I will wear my rubbers.

Comment

I think it depends on where you hunt. If it's dry and rocky with sparse vegetation, it's probably not going to make much difference. If it's a lot of tall green grass and moisture, it probably will make a difference. Most of the places I've hunted, my boots don't even make contact with anything much above the sole. I do think it's important to keep them scent free and I've always kept boots at the deer lease that are never worn off the ranch.

Comment

No proof, but I wear mine all the time and I "believe" they make a difference compared to a leather type boot or shoe. They arent 100% scent free, but I think they make a big difference.

Comment

I'm not sold on any scent prevention other than staying downwind.

Comment

I use snake proof rubber boots and do believe it helps me. It's a mind thing.

Comment

I always get a new out of rubber boots before Archery season starts(bought them yesterday.). I don't wear them until I'm ready to go hunt. I spray scent eliminator on the boots to help remove any scent.

Comment

Working...
                              X