Law enforcement / traffic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
    Why is there no enforcement of headlight laws?

Used to be your lights could only be so bright and that was even part of the inspection process. Did that change? I just drop mine off and either wait in the lobby or come back and get it later these days

Pretty sure I could run my brights full time and not be equal to several of the vehicles I meet and that are behind me every morning

Or maybe I am getting old and the lights affect my eyes differently?

Maybe I need to wear my sunglasses at night?
    I can tell you this it ought to be part of the inspection. It's a failure subject for me. So many too **** brite.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
      If I coulda I woulda, but that would have just made it more awkward.
      Those lights were so bright I was wishing I had some shades on so my eyes wouldn't hurt so bad when I tried looking that direction.
      We did make eye contact a few times and she knew what she was up to.
      I'm guessing she was a pro of some sorts.

They were impressionable enough I relayed the incident to my wife on the way home wondering if my enthusiasm would set off an attempt to test the lumen output at the house......no dice.
      Maybe your voltage ain’t up to snuff........

Comment

I think it's the color of the bulb
        Used to be in the yellow spectrum now they're moving to the White and blue spectrum

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

LED projector lights are brighter and have a more focused beam. If you are below the level where the beam is hitting you it definitely looks like brights. If my 4Runner is loaded people definitely flash me and some people who think they know everything just turn their brights on like I'm choosing to do it. I've adjusted my lights further down but there's a compromise point where I need to see at least a little of the road!

Comment

What about all the idiots down here who run their fog lights 24-7?? Really bad out in Starr Co.

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
              it also seems more and more folks will not switch to low beams when you hit them back with the high beams... they just leave the high beams on as if they are the only one on the road.
              Back in my less discretion youth days... I arrested two people for that.

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
                About once a month a pass trucks driving with their roof mounted light bars on. Also seen them running with the grill mounted light bars. I don't know why they think that is ok.
                ..... and I might arrest someone for that now.

Comment

Also learned this today:
                  Our pupils don’t respond as quickly to bluish light, causing our eyes to perceive more glare from lights on the blue end of the spectrum.

Comment

Working...
                  X