Work sucks!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work sucks!!!!!

The title says it. Why the heck do I ALWAYS get slammed with work the first 2 weeks of November. This SUCKS!!!! ( insert temper tantrum)

I hear ya! I just told the people i work with that "yall wont see much of me the next few weeks"

Comment

Well I would venture to say there are a few folks out there who would just like to have a good, dependable job. I know when I retired three plus years ago dreams of leisure hunting seasons danced in my head. That first one was nice. Then I started this dock business. The first year was a little slow. Last year the work lasted into November. This year it's still going strong. I wanted to leave tomorrow evening to spend a few days at the lease but a phone call this morning gave me a couple lift jobs the next two days. Granddad said you gotta make hay while the shines. I guess I'll continue to make hay as long as I can.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with DRT. As much as it may suck to have to work, instead of hunt, the alternative sucks a LOT more!

Count your blessings, not your problems.

Comment

I flat out told my boss a couple weeks ago that he's going to be lucky to get 50% output out of me between then, and the end of November if he's lucky!!

Comment

Work when you can and hunt when you can it works out.

Comment

It’s funny how I never get sick all year until deer season! Plus vacation time!

Comment

What line of work are you in Randy? Hunting doesn’t get good until thanksgiving anyway

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  Well I would venture to say there are a few folks out there who would just like to have a good, dependable job. I know when I retired three plus years ago dreams of leisure hunting seasons danced in my head. That first one was nice. Then I started this dock business. The first year was a little slow. Last year the work lasted into November. This year it's still going strong. I wanted to leave tomorrow evening to spend a few days at the lease but a phone call this morning gave me a couple lift jobs the next two days. Granddad said you gotta make hay while the shines. I guess I'll continue to make hay as long as I can.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                  Yup. This gets it done.

Comment

I'm lucky in that I have a bunch of vacation time, but I should have started taking it now instead of opening week when it was hot and the moon was full!! Just now starting to see decent deer movement.

Comment

I worked for forty five years. Lots of seventy hour weeks. There is a time for work and a time for play. I think about an 80/20 split, play to work, is right for this stage of life. What I keep reminding myself is no matter how long I live I only have a few hunting seasons left where I will have the energy to do it right.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                        What line of work are you in Randy? Hunting doesn’t get good until thanksgiving anyway
                        Full time concrete contractor, part time bowyer.
                        The last 4-5 years I have been slow in September and early October. Then wide open last of October and November.
                        Why can't I be busy in September and then slow in November?!?!?
                        ( insert another temper tantrum)

Comment

When I was younger, I thought I might retire as a professor... Problem now is that I don't think they have professors that only teach summer school...

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            When I was younger, I thought I might retire as a professor... Problem now is that I don't think they have professors that only teach summer school...
                            Funny. I thought the same thing. Always wanted to teach high school AP/collegiate courses. As busy as my practice is right now, me thinks I'll teach spring or summer courses.

Comment

I just wish I'd been born rich instead of so dang good looking and talented.

Comment

Working...
                              X