Binos on a Tripod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Binos on a Tripod?

So I always hear Rinella talk about glassing with your binos on a tripod, but my nocors don't have a way to screw in a camera mount. How does this happen?
    Last edited by Hockley; 07-31-2018, 12:56 PM.

I use a field optics rapid release but it's mounted on a plate adapter. Promaster I believe.

Comment

Lots of tripod adapters like this out there that will work.

Glassing w/ a tripod is a gamechanger.

Comment

When I bought my Swarovkis , I had outdoorsman.com install a stud on them. They also sell the the adapter that will mount to your tripod.

Click image for larger version

Name:	swaro.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	24547426

Click image for larger version

Name:	TallShortBinoAdapter_x700.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	24547427

Comment

I have an older pair of Swaro's 10x42 SLC's. What will work on those?

Comment

I had to pry off a small plate, i think where the logo was, to find the mount on my nikons

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              I have an older pair of Swaro's 10x42 SLC's. What will work on those?

They should. You have to send them you binos and they machine it to fit.

Comment

I went ahead and ordered the BOG adapter. I have a BOG tripod already so figured there will be some point in life where I will want to triple purpose it as a shooting stick/spotter tripod/bino tripod.

Comment

I bought a tripod adaptor for my Vortex binoculars and played with it in Galveston this week. It is amazing how much detail you can see with binoculars when using a tripod.

Comment

When I’ve glasses with binos and a bipod, I’ve always just rested them on the bipod with no issues. Never used an adapter or anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                      When I bought my Swarovkis , I had outdoorsman.com install a stud on them. They also sell the the adapter that will mount to your tripod.

[ATTACH]917926[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]917927[/ATTACH]
                      I did the same thing

Comment

This is what I use....don't like the idea of somebody drilling a fugly stud in my nice binos .
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                          This is what I use....don't like the idea of somebody drilling a fugly stud in my nice binos .
                          The stud (onan outdoorsman) is not drilled into your binos, the front cap on your bino unscrews, then you screw in the stud.

I lived in texas for more than 12 years, moved back west, i use 12x50 binos on a tripod for muley & use the outdoorsman stud, and adapter which fits any quick disconnect plate. They truly make a fantastic product.

Most binos front cap screws off for stud, just reread & saw he said his doesnt???
                          Last edited by Heckmonkey; 07-31-2018, 08:29 PM. Reason: I skim - rarely read

Comment

Originally posted by jon-paul View Post
                            when i bought my swarovkis , i had outdoorsman.com install a stud on them. They also sell the the adapter that will mount to your tripod.

[ATTACH]917926[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]917927[/ATTACH]
                            bingo & well worth the money!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                              They should. You have to send them you binos and they machine it to fit.

Does the fromt cap on those not unscrew for the stud to go into? Id figure they would. But outdoorsman make amazing stuff in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                              X