No announcement yet.

Tundra Owners - Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I traded in my 08 with the 5.7 six months ago with 275,000 miles. No issues just oil changes, brakes and shocks.

Comment

Send me a PM once you buy your Tundra.

I have a set of 20-in Fuel Assaults for a Tundra sitting in my garage that need to go. Part number D57620907050...never been mounted. $750 and they're yours...

Apologies for the blatant hi-jacking of your thread...but I thought there might be a few Tundra owners on here.
      Attached Files

Comment

2012 5.7 with 116k miles. Still drives like new and going strong. No repairs just regular maintenance. Best half ton I’ve ever owned too.

Comment

My 2003 Tundra just hit 400,000 miles. It's a 4.7L that has pulled a 24 foot travel trailer easily on level terrain. It has spent quite a bit of time off road in 4WD as well. I got the truck used, at two years old with 22,000 miles. No major repairs have been needed. Changed out the radiator, ignition coils, o2 sensors, belts, hoses, etc. It does tend to go through brake pads, and tires...about every 60,000 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
            Did you do it as scheduled maintenance? If not what was the symptom the water pump was failing?

Just curious what to watch for in mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
            I was changing the oil and noticed a slight leak. I thought it was probably water pump and shop confirmed. $700 later was back on the road.

Comment

I have a 2008 club cab with 191,000 miles on it. Batteries , brakes, oil changes, no major issues. I do need new struts and shocks and the right front passenger window wiper has finally dry rotted. Clear coat is gone as well. Changed out the belt as well.
              Last edited by Hogmauler; 02-12-2020, 01:34 PM.

Comment

2017 TRD Pro with 100k on it, no issues. Regular oil changes, tires, brakes and trips to the gas station. Nothing else required.

Comment

In some of the forums I’ve read issues with timing belts and the leaking water pump. At some point they switched over to a timing chain I think. Not sure.

Comment

I have a 2012. I don't have a lot of miles on mine,yet, and i only pull trailers occasionally, I have a boat that weighs about 3500, and have pulled a heavy duty utility trailer twice with it that grossed over 10,000, loaded. Trailer had good brakes, so there were no issues stopping it, it pulled it fine, it did use quite a bit more gas, those two trips probably cost $50 more each for gas than driving without the trailer, but I consider that a bargain.

Comment

Had a 2008 Crewmax that had 155k when i sold it to a friend. It now is over 225k with no major issues. I am in a 2016 with 75k now. Only problems i have had with either truck have been the door lock actuators going out. Great trucks.

Comment

This guy tows the 5th wheel around
                        Not that he gets great mileage but it works... I have the same truck and toe a 6500# camper and mileage suckz but it does it just fine

The only reason I got a newer one was bc the new ones come with the larger gas tank like 37 gallons
                        I traded my 2010 tundra in at 145k no problems at the time
                        Last edited by kingranch; 02-12-2020, 04:03 PM.

Comment

I had a 2006 Tundra that I bought with 30K miles. I put another 200K on it myself. Never had any issues. Somehow I got coolant in two cylinders. It was going to cost me about $5K to fix it so I got rid of it. Best truck I ever had.

Comment

Mines a 2007 Tundra Crewmax with 5.7 and 188,000 miles. just general maintenance. Brakes, belts. tires. etc. Pull my 30 ft. trailer with it. Awesome truck.

Comment

I'm still driving my 2002 TRD. Only have 160,000 miles, but there mostly gravel road miles and a lot of off road. Still drive's like a dream, no worries taking it on long trips. Timing belt, water pump, fuel pump, and radiator all have been replaced and I destroyed a little Chevy something that ran a stop sign, but they didn't total my truck because it was still worth over $10,000 just three years ago. Truck runs great. I thought I was going to be shopping for a new one, but the insurance company fixed it. Got a 2017 Rav 4 that I really like also.

Comment

Personally, I think if I was going to be pulling regularly, I'd try to get into another diesel. The Tundra's are great, but I think a 3/4 diesel would serve you better if you pull something that heavy regularly.

Comment

Working...
                                X