Thermal Night Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
    Good job, bud. Jason is good people. Pulsar released an update that makes sound available now. Look forward to your next hunt video. How many of those hogs did you recover?

Pulsar has a new QD mount designed for AR15s that solves this problem. The ZRO delta is nice, but it costs 6X as much as the Pulsar QD, which is only $40 and returns to zero just fine.

http://www.pulsarnv.com/images/PL340..._ALT1_1000.jpg
    I'm not sure how long they are going to honor that $40 price. It was supposed to go to $100 on 12/31 and they've already raised the dealer price to WAY over $40, so if you can snag one for $40, I'd say do it. I've got about 70 on back order with Pulsar and they will be $99 when I get them. I was told by Pulsar 2 weeks ago I could not sell them for less than $99. But I can give them away when customers buy Trails from me.

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Sightmark-Pho.../dp/B00NZ98OKG

That photon 4.6 he has is $400 but I don't know if it will stand up to 12 gauge recoil
    Ya Amazon was closing them 4.6x XT's out for $400 in preparation for the RT's release in a couple weeks. They've gone back up to $499 (at least it is now, I just checked). I've still got 3 or 4 left in stock but they aren't going to last because a whole lot of guys are seeking them out because they don't want to extra features of the RT's and they want something extremely simple to use. The RT isn't really confusing but there are some more menus and buttons. Either way, you can't go wrong. The Photons are an amazing value, no matter what model you buy.

- Jason

Comment

Guys the new firmware update adding sound to the Trail and the Helion is awesome. They also changed the auto record when you shoot feature to give you 10 seconds of video before the shot instead of just 3 seconds.

Comment

I’m slow to the party on thermals and was looking at getting one after I build my 6.5 Grendel upper. Is it possible to get a good thermal in the $1k-$2k range?
        Here’s my ignorant question, can thermals also be good in daylight hours, say out to 500+ yrds?

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
          I’m slow to the party on thermals and was looking at getting one after I build my 6.5 Grendel upper. Is it possible to get a good thermal in the $1k-$2k range?
          Here’s my ignorant question, can thermals also be good in daylight hours, say out to 500+ yrds?
          Good entry level thermal starts at about $1,900. It will be low optical magnification, probably 1.6x and your ID range is going to be around 200-250 yards. Thermal will definitely work during the daylight but you'd be much better off with a traditional glass optic for daytime use. You will definitely be able to spot something at 500 yards but you will probably not be able to ID if it's a hog, deer, coyote etc. You'd come closer with a $5,000+ optic but even then, you wouldn't get an ID good enough to pull the trigger.

If you've got more questions, feel free to let me know. I'm at the SHOT show in Vegas right now so you might need to send me a PM because I won't be checking the TBH threads as much as normal.

- Jason

Comment

Working...
          X