Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple does came up to the feeder while my brother was checking the camera card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple does came up to the feeder while my brother was checking the camera card.

Yes, that is the frame of his pickup door.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	9502.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	25133665

alrighty then.

Comment

during the 2011 drought, I had two young bucks that would bed right by the feeder waiting for it to go off twice a day. I would spook them on the way in to my feeder and they would run about 40 yards and stand and wait for it to go off while I climbed in my stand LOL. I should have done more for them looking back they didn't look that bad but I would guess they were starving. Every plant was dead, nothing that year was green.

RD

Comment

That’s pretty cool.

Comment

I had a doe that would jump in the feed pen with me while I was filling a feeder. Year 2 I put a orange dog collar on her hoping nobody would shoot her. Didn't work neighbor killed her with bumper

Comment

Deer on my spot run like the wind when they see my truck lol never got within 50 yards of one while driving on the land. That's crazy they have no fear

Comment

More deer then I've seen in the day time all year

Comment

Yes!! Let the dumb ones live!!

Comment

This is probably the mama doe right here, too. She came up to the cabin down on the ranch about six weeks ago when we were down there. I don't know what attracted her. There's no corn or anything there were she is standing and eating.
                  That is the frame of an old trailer house that burned up, by the way.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20171015_183927(0).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	24521516

Comment

They're like that at my place when the food gets scarce. I had a video last year where I was walking up and talking to a doe and finally had to shoe her off because she was standing over a piece of the varmint cage that had fallen off my feeder that I wanted to fix. She looked nervous as I got progressively closer, but then she'd remember there was corn and go right back to eating.

Comment

Pretty wild stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                        Pretty wild stuff!
                        Actually, no not really. Fairly tame. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          I had a doe that would jump in the feed pen with me while I was filling a feeder. Year 2 I put a orange dog collar on her hoping nobody would shoot her. Didn't work neighbor killed her with bumper
                          There is another doe on the place that was hand raised by one of our neighbors. My brother sent a picture of him trying to feed her something. I told him he should put an orange safety vest on her during season. The collar would probably be better. haha.

Comment

And people worry about scent when hunting conditioned deer

Comment

I have a 3yo ten point in my back yard right now, in Llano.
                              Phone pic too blurry.
                              He's courting a doe.

Comment

Working...
                              X