No announcement yet.

Would you eat coyote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stuff I ate In Russia. I would eat a coyote all day long.

Comment

Nothing wrong with coyote; I've eaten it several times. It isn't my first choice but it isn't my last either. I prefer 'yote to armadillo or 'possum (but they are easier to catch/kill).

I would say 'yote to me is about as good as bobcat, maybe a little better, but not as good a mountain lion tender loin.

Of all the fur bearers/predators/non-game/small game animals my favorite, by far, is the rabbit. So much so that I raise them at the house for meat. It's a shame you can't live on rabbit alone in the wild, I like it that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
        Nothing wrong with coyote; I've eaten it several times. It isn't my first choice but it isn't my last either. I prefer 'yote to armadillo or 'possum (but they are easier to catch/kill).

I would say 'yote to me is about as good as bobcat, maybe a little better, but not as good a mountain lion tender loin.

Of all the fur bearers/predators/non-game/small game animals my favorite, by far, is the rabbit. So much so that I raise them at the house for meat. It's a shame you can't live on rabbit alone in the wild, I like it that much.
        I would expect you to just about eat everything. (RAT)

Comment

Originally posted by Drewski View Post
          Would you eat coyote?
          Only in a survival situation. IMO, there are far better things to consume than a wild dog.

Comment

only if i had too.......

Comment

Had dog in Honduras once. Not bad at all. I'd give yote a try.

Comment

Grandpa always said anything was edible. So, if hungry enough, Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  Not for pleasure, but I would before I starved to death!!!!
                  yes

Comment

Yes I would. Not scared to eat anything.

Comment

I'd eat a coyote burger before I'd eat a salad.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        I have et crow. More than once.
                        Not sure I could eat a Yote. Even buzzards won't eat them.
                        Originally posted by Bowhuntinonly View Post
                        No thanks, Buzzards don't even eat Em!
                        Originally posted by billfromtx View Post
                        I shot a coyote once and the buzzards wouldn't even eat it. It later there and nastied away! ��
                        Y'all must have some pretty finicky or well fed buzzards because last week, I watched buzzards devour a coyote my sister shot.

As for eating coyote, yes I have. A friend gave it to me to cook for his 35th Annual Wild Game Dinner, in which over 300 people come. I cooked 25# of coyote and bobcat. I BBQ half of it, and the other half was cooked in a crock pot with a ginger marinade. It was one of the most popular meats served and many were upset that there wasn't more. So now I'm stuck cooking it again!

Comment

Sure, if I had to. I've eaten dog in Korea. It was quite tastey. However, I'm not going through the trouble to kill and clean one and prepare it for eating when I wouldn't eat the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
                            right after I died from starvation....
                            X2 lol

Comment

I her it tastes like stir fry chicken

Comment

No

Comment

Working...
                                X