No announcement yet.

Remodeling my new place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice place Kirb, good luck with all the remodeling. Get Doug and Todd to come help out.

Comment

Where is it at Kirby?

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
        That is a gorgeous piece of Texas you snatched up Kirby. Will look forward to seeing things progress over the coming years. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. But you can do anything with a pier & beam house!

I have always like the idea of a pier and beam house for that reason. I'm a very handy man and i dont see anything i cant do to this home to make it better.
        Following
        Originally posted by Stan R View Post
        Looks great. Congrats

I heard the same thing. Get help. If had waited for help 90% of the projects would still be a thought.
        I'm 64 but still get after it
        So my wife convinced me I needed to call so professionals to help with the master suit addition. Made the call to a framer I know well from my days working at the lumber yard. He said I'll be there is a few hours to look it over...that was a week ago. Had to explain to my wife last night that the reason I never ask for help is because typically when I rely on help I end up doing it by myself anyway.

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
        Nice place Kirb, good luck with all the remodeling. Get Doug and Todd to come help out.
        Thank Buddy, I really love driving through the gate and walking up the hill past the pond to go feed the goats and sitting under the trees at the back of the place looking for deer.

Originally posted by Draco View Post
        Where is it at Kirby?
        It is about 7 miles closer to Lampasas from my old house in Kempner.

Comment

I'm diggin the place and the kids playhouse lol. Very nice place. Can't wait to see what all you do to it

Comment

I have heard of using a water hose and an ozarka jug. Some water and jacks to level a house. Mine could use some leveling. Anyone else heard of this method?

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE.A View Post
              I'm diggin the place and the kids playhouse lol. Very nice place. Can't wait to see what all you do to it
              I was thinking about moving that playhouse to the back of the place for a deer stand but they convinced me they like it right where it is.
              My place backs up to a 300-400 acre ranch and although I will not hunt it much i would like my kids to get one from time to time when we cant make it to the lease

Comment

I bought these yesterday. 34 giant rocks I'm going to use to make a retaining wall.
                there is currently a retaining wall made of concrete blocks that is not very good. I am going to stack these new stones 2 high and make my yard about 40% bigger around the house. I just need to borrow a tractor capable of lifting them off a trailer. Then high enough to stack them
                Attached Files

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Made some progress the last few weeks.
                    My brother and i took it down to studs and have spend much time under the house placing beams and tearing out flooring. We have had to rebuild lots of subfloor framing. He and i have also been laying new subfloor.
                    Progress was slower than expected so i hired a contractor to ad the 16x16 room addition and covered porch

Comment

Keep up the good work!! Nothing like laying down in bed after a good hot shower and think about all that you did as you fall asleep!!

Comment

Awesome work there. I want to find a place like that myself.

Comment

Looking good.

That rock wall will look great with plenty of hiding spots for the snakes!

What do you think those rocks weight?

Comment

I believe the rocks are going to weight in about 3000lbs each but that is just a huge guess.
                            Average length in 9 foot .
                            As for snakes, im hoping the dogs will keep them away from the house

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
                              Keep up the good work!! Nothing like laying down in bed after a good hot shower and think about all that you did as you fall asleep!!
                              No doubt

Comment

This is a cool thread. Keep the updates coming. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X