Best value circular saw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kbar View Post
    Makita makes a model with the blade on the left thats good for doing precision work - as precise as you can get with a skillsaw (if you are right handed) .
    Most skillsaws have the blade on the right and are a bit awkward. You will be leaning over it sto see what you are cutting.
    Worm drive saws usually have the blade on the left and are front heavy.

Makita left blade is my choice 99% of the time.
    ^^ This.
    Hate the blade on the wrong side. Blade on the left of the saw for a RH person just makes sense.

I love my Worm Drive Makita

Comment

Being left handed, its kind of refreshing to hear the complaints right handed folks have with standard saws. Lots of other tools are a PITA for leftys.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
        I appreciate it but I'm down in Houston.

I like left sided blade better, so sounds like makita left hand is the way to go.
        Been using Makita for 25+ years!!

Comment

How much of it is just getting a good blade?

Comment

I had a Skil saw when I was young. Grandpa gave it to me. It slid off a roof, and cracked the case.

I bought a DeWalt worm drive, used it on 3 jobs, and decided it was too heavy. Sold it.

I borrowed my dad's Milwaukee, until someone broke into his garage and stole it.

I presently have a Porter Cable with an aluminum table. It's "ok".

I have my eye on a Makita with a magnesium table. I just don't need one often enough to justify buying a new one.

All have been decent saws. Good blades make a big difference. Don't cheap out.

Comment

Makita with a Diablo blade.

I can't recall the last time I've seen anything else on my jobs. Except the concrete guys. They use worm drives.

Comment

Working...
              X