No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't hunted out there since 2004. I see there are different areas now. How is it determined where you hunt? I always hunted in 11 and did very well, just a long azz walk in.

Comment

Yeppers some different areas, it is first come first serve as to where you hunt. Once you have it set up you email in the area you are located. I have only hunted here the past couple of years, hoping the is the year I put one on the ground. I think there might be fewer areas to hunt over the next couple years is the development takes place near Tejas.

Comment

Out early this morning. Nothing yet but one tree rat.

Comment

nothing here yet but the party is just getting started. Best of luck

Comment

I run Blue Lacy tracking dogs, if you need assistance tracking your deer, I only live 5 miles from Lake Georgetown. No charge, just want to continue to get as many blood tracks for my dogs as possible. Text or call 512-838-1698.

Comment

Thanks MacHunt. I'll contact you if I hit one.

Comment

Out for evening hunt after this mornings rain.
                Attached Files

Comment

A lot of fresh tracks.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I hunted around Lake Georgetown when they were builders by the ****!!! That was over 40 years ago!!! We camped by the office building where you had to sign in and out. We drove west and parked on a road close to the river, walk across a big field, cross the river and work our way up a draw and get on top. Killed my first deer on that ridge! Shot it at 40 yards as it was slipping down a fence line. Just a yearling buck but will never forget it. We would climb a tree and stand on a limb!!!! When we started using a 2x6 with “V’s” cut out of each end so you could wedge it between branches, we thought it could not get any better!!!
                    Some times we packed some fishing gear and fish a pond we found up top.
                    another place we found had a abandoned stone house with a stone wall around it close to the river that is now under 20 or 30 feet of water.
                    The camp I had was WWII pattern and was made in China. There was NO cami hunting clothes back then.
                    moots of memories!!!

Comment

Out again. Quiet and no wind.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Cam pics.
                        Attached Files

Comment

My brother has gotten both his does, meanwhile I haven't gotten my first. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                          X