Pig hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pig hunting

I’m looking for a place to go hunting pigs with my longbow that is within say 5 hours of Fort Worth that caters to traditional archery. I don’t want to hunt them in a small pasture where I chase them until they wear out would prefer stands and feeders. I kill a lot of pigs on my place that I hunt but they only come at night and that’s not what I’m looking for. Any suggestions are open but I can’t see spending a ton of money for a pig though I understand it will cost me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I talked to Dean at T4 the other day and he seems like a nice guy. You could hog hunt for $125 per day and lodging is included. I will probably hunt with him soon if I can get some dates figured out.

Comment

I think Gary has pretty good luck at 3 Fingers but I've never been there myself.

Comment

You might try Fowler Ranch near Copperas Cove.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dos Plumas , near Abilene and setups are trad friendly

pray for rain

Comment

Thank you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              You might try Fowler Ranch near Copperas Cove.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              This is a great place too!!

Comment

Ben's place is often a good bet.
                I have wanted to check out T4 as well, more for an axis doe or two, but the same issue with timing has plagued me. Hunting season has it's own focus then February on through July this business keeps me tied up. The short lull in the later summer doesn't really lend itself to hunting because of the heat. Getting pigs to hit feeders in the daylight is definitely a challenge.

Gary

Comment

T4 Exotics has blinds that are big enough to shoot your longbow out of, or you can sit in his tree stands. Great place, great guy and lots of animals.
                  Bob

Comment

Texas S archery is great

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want to chase 'em on public land come to GRXH 2020. Usually a good bit of strugglestick hunters out there every year. Can't get cheaper than free either...

Comment

Working...
                      X