Leaving a recurve strung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving a recurve strung

I am new to the Trad world and have one hand me down bear recurve and a Martin Independence. My question is do you leave them strung. I shoot almost daily and have been unstringing them for storage when I am not shooting. Is this right or can you leave them strung up for extended amounts of time ? Thanks for the reply’s

in for responses

Comment

I leave mine strung if shooting them regularly.

Gary

Comment

I leave mine strung, laying flat or hanging by 2 points where the limbs meet the riser.

Comment

Leave strung and store HORIZONTALLY on pegs, either hanging by the string or sitting on the limbs. Avoid standing the bow on-end or in a corner for any length of time. Leaving it strung and storing it horizontally won't hurt it, just keep it away from heat.

Comment

I also leave mine strung unless I know I'm not going to shoot for a week or longer, which is rare. Just don't store it in a hot place and ALWAYS use a bow stringer on a recurve. (not necessary with a longbow)

Comment

strung and hanging

Comment

If shooting regularly it doesn't hurt to leave them strung. Never store one proped up on it tip, like standing in a corner and never leave one stored where it's hot. Trad bows tend to delaminate quicker than compounds when exposed to extreme heat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Leave mine strung unless transporting or not going to shoot for a while. leave them lying flat on the carpet in the bedroom.

Comment

I leave them strung, but shoot and rotate almost every other day.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RackstackerG5 View Post
                      I am new to the Trad world and have one hand me down bear recurve and a Martin Independence. My question is do you leave them strung. I shoot almost daily and have been unstringing them for storage when I am not shooting. Is this right or can you leave them strung up for extended amounts of time ? Thanks for the reply’s
                      Thanks for posting this question; I had assumed it was a definite no-no.

Comment

If I am shooting regularly they are strung and hanging by string when not in use. If jsut shooting one the other is not strung. During times I know I cannot shoot for a few days I will unstring and hang on pegs

Comment

I've got a few bows that have been strung for several years hanging on pegs. I shoot them occasionally. No ill effects. Still pulls the same weight and straight as can be.

Comment

I leave a couple of bows strung and keep them in the shop with my arrows and gear. The bows that I store in the house are unstrung mainly because it takes less space to hang an unstrung bow.

Comment

Thank you to everyone for your reply’s!

Comment

Working...
                              X