X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great writeup Bisch

Comment

I think we should be getting a new update any day now.

Comment

I have the bow and as those that followed I harvested a buck with it this weekend. I am now shooting it left handed and can not wait to get back in the woods. I will keep you posted and write my Bio when I am done so hopefully I can add some pictures.

Comment

Wow, good job, congrats on the buck....can't wait to see pics, read the story, and bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
            Wow, good job, congrats on the buck....can't wait to see pics, read the story, and bio.
            Here is the thread he started about his hunt with Sacajawea the other day:

And here is the pic of his spike:

Click image for larger version

Name:	saca spike.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	24252847

Congrats again, Scott!

Bisch
            Last edited by Bisch; 10-07-2013, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Great stuff everybody! Can't wait to get my hands on her.

Comment

pretty cool

Comment

You sir are very skilled if you can shoot left handed as well. I think you might be the first if you take an animal right handed and left handed with that bow. That would be very cool!

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
                    You sir are very skilled if you can shoot left handed as well. I think you might be the first if you take an animal right handed and left handed with that bow. That would be very cool!

Matt
                    I have seen him shoot both left and right handed. He can do it! He just needs a bit of luck to go his way now!

Bisch

Comment

great job

Comment

Great job! Looking forward to the bio.

Comment

Sacagawea was great to experience and I am glad I had the pleasure you share her with all those that came before me. Her workmanship was classic and sleek and her beauty was breathtaking as all you that have held her know.
                          My bio: My name is Scott Jurk I am 44 yrs. old. I have a beautiful wife and 3 boys of my own in addition to two others we have opened our home to. I have worked in Law Enforcement for 17 years at TPWD. I love to hunt and fish and just be out in nature. I have been bow hunting since the age of 6. I started with a lil bear recurve. I practiced every day and we very accurate but other than rabbits and armadillos I never had the opportunity at a deer. I switched to the wheels at 12 and shot my first deer. I hunted with various bows but always shot instinctive. I went to sights and wheels at about 20 yrs. of age and decided to only hunt with a bow. Three years ago I decided that I wanted to go back to shooting Traditional so I bought a left handed Sage and started shooting. With a lot of help from Bisch I was soon hitting the target with good consistently. I was able to harvest a buck that year with the Sage and I was excited.

I then decided to try to shoot right handed even though I am left eyed. I was able to do that and started shooting right handed. I shot my dad’s 1960's Shakespeare wonder bow and then was able to trade for a Zona long bow that is my regular shooter. I shot two deer with it last year.

When Sacagawea came into my hands this year I knew I wanted to shoot a deer off of each shelf. I picked up the bow from Bisch on my way to go hunt. I shot it the next day and was ready to give it a try. I was fortunate to shoot a nice spike.

Then the quest for a left handed harvest started. I practiced and the bow shot better on the left side than the right. I had deer coming in to my stand at my house but just could not find time to get out. Today I was able to set in the stand and enjoy a beautiful COOOOOOOL Texas morning. After a large buck heard me when I attempted to draw I felt that I may have to wait to fulfill my goal. I was blessed with several does coming in later and one finally gave me a shot. I watched the arrow hit its mark with my best shot to date.

I was soooo excited to have completed my goal of harvesting a deer off both shelves. Thank you for the opportunity to be part of this experience.I have learned so much from the people here and appreciate the willingness of all to help those of us that are starting or starting back with traditional archery. Bob you build a great product and some day I may get you to build me a lefty. I wish all of you the best in your hunting and life this year. Now my quest begins to shoot a deer with my dads and moms 1960's bows. I love traditional hunting because every hunt is a challange.
                          Last edited by gtsticker; 10-20-2013, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Way to go Scott!

I knew you could do it both ways!

Congrats again!

Bisch

Comment

Very bio gtsticker!

Comment

Great story, congrats Scott!!! That lefty Sage in your pic is in my hands now and I can't wait to harvest my first animal with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X