Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the first time I am seeing this thread really cool concept! love reading all the travels of Sacajawea.

Comment

Awesome!

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      TX CHICKEN, check your PM's! It's time for Sacajawea to head your way!!!!

Bisch
      Heck yes and just in time to get a little practice in before a hunt in a few weeks. Hopefully I can take her along.

Comment

TX CHICKEN, did you get the bow? We’d like to hear from you!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          TX CHICKEN, did you get the bow? We’d like to hear from you!!!!!

Bisch
          I received it early this week and have been crazy busy so sorry for not posting sooner. I have shot her a few times and hope to take her on a hunt during my time.

I am not much of a story teller but here it goes...
          I was born and lived in San Antonio for 41 years before moving to Nederland, TX where I own and operate a Texas Roadhouse restaurant. I grew up quail and dove hunting primarily and tagged along on a few deer hunts with my dad. I killed my first WT when I was 10 and I was hooked. The summer I turned 12 I discovered archery at my summer church camp and that Christmas I got a Bear Whitetail (pretty sure that was the model)compound bow. I shot that bow pretty much every day. I was finally able to get my first kill almost 2 years later when I did a spot and stalk on a javelina. That was it for me and I was HOOKED! My brother and I would spend lots of time at the archery shop on Blanco rd next door to Stanley Hip targets. We didn’t have a deer lease for several years but I was able to hunt a friends place in Comfort for several years but never got a deer. I was the only bow hunter in my family and we never had any stands or bow blinds so I would just hide in some bushes and hope for a shot that never came but I did have enough close encounters to keep me interested. When I was 19 we got on a great lease in Karnes County (still on it 30 years later) and on my 3rd year I got my first buck-a beautiful 10 with split brows. I have taken a dozen or so nice bucks and countless does/pigs and still get excited every time. I recently purchased a Sarrels Blueridge and still building my confidence. I hope to take Sacagawea on hunt before my time is up and I will share that story as well.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by TX CHICKEN; 07-19-2019, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Good write-up Mike.

Comment

For not being much of a storyteller you did it well.

Gary

Comment

Nice to hear from you TX CHICKEN!!!! Enjoy your time with Sacajawea!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Any updates Tx Chicken? Been able to get out and shoot any?

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                    Any updates Tx Chicken? Been able to get out and shoot any?
                    I wish I had a more exciting story to tell...I received the bow last month and was hoping to take her on my trip to South Africa. I shot a hundred arrows or so but I just wasn't feeling confident enough to take her with me. I am thankful for the chance to be a part the journey and maybe if we get a second chance I can take her on a pig hunt. I shipped the bow out to JTeLarkin08 this morning.
                    Mike

Comment

I just got the bow in the mail. If it is ok with the group I may change up the format and film a few YouTube videos instead of doing a long write up? If that’s not ok I’ll still do a write up but will also be filming a few videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I seldom if every watch YouTube unless I need to know how to fix something.

Gary

Comment

Video is fine, as long as somewhere you post a bio about yourself and your trad journey!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very cool video write up. I like that idea.

Looks like you got it figured out pretty quick.

Comment

Very well done JT!!!!

Congrats on the bunny!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                                X