Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What you need to get started (Beginners guide Volume II)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got my first ever bow, a Mathews switchback xt getting great lessons from a friend and not doing to bad. Any recommendations on arrows?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Zoomaster View Post
      I just got my first ever bow, a Mathews switchback xt getting great lessons from a friend and not doing to bad. Any recommendations on arrows?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
      Hey Zoo buddy this is a sticky from the Traditional section. Dedicated to the self, long and recurve bow shooting community. Post this in the Around the Campfire section and you'll get more ideas than you can shake an arrow shaft at. Good hunting.

Comment

Main thing when getting started, go with a lighter poundage than you think.

Comment

interesting

Comment

thx for the advice.

Comment

Does anyone have a recommendation for the starter bow now? I had read good things in the past about the samick sage but I dont know if there is a better alternative now? I think I am finally getting ready to take the plunge and need something to start with. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
                Does anyone have a recommendation for the starter bow now? I had read good things in the past about the samick sage but I dont know if there is a better alternative now? I think I am finally getting ready to take the plunge and need something to start with. Thanks!
                Samick has a couple of options as do the Black Hunter bows. Both good starter bows but many folks just stick with them because the shoot just fine. May not be the most efficient but they are effective.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  Samick has a couple of options as do the Black Hunter bows. Both good starter bows but many folks just stick with them because the shoot just fine. May not be the most efficient but they are effective.
                  Thanks, I hadnt heard of the black hunter bows, so i will take a look at them.

Comment

My soon to be 9 year old wants a bow. What is a good starter regular bow for a kid that won't break the bank?

Comment

Not looking to hunt with it (yet). Just enough to practice and do Scouts with it.

Comment

Recommended bow shops in Houston or Dallas?

Comment

Still have not had my first Compound Bow Deer. Shot muzzleloader for a while and just started bowhunting within the last two years. becoming increasingly tough to get out.

Comment

Working...
                          X