No announcement yet.

Carmax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few years ago, I had a 100K mile F150 I let them offer to buy. Their offer was around $5,500. I sold it a couple of months later privately for $10,500.

Comment

Sold my F150 and was very easy. No issues. happy with the price. Went there with the wife's car got an offer, then the dealership matched, so traded it in...

Comment

Helped my MIL sell my FIL's 12 year old car there. It took 30 minutes for a fair price.

I think the Carmax model will kind of set the tone for how to hand car sales...well for the used market.

Comment

I sold a 2007 Z71 to them a few years ago. Overall, it was a good experience. If you have a Carmax nearby, there's almost no reason not to drive by there and get a quote. They will give you a price within half an hour and their quote is good for a week.

I found their price to be easily above dealer trade-in, but a bit below private party. The key for me was the price difference between the Carmax quote and private party value wasn't worth the extra headache of selling it myself. The sales transaction process took about an hour and I walked out with cashiers check in hand.

Comment

Carmax uses Autocheck for their history reports. Experian owns the service

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Whatcha selling? I’ve got a stepson at Carmax right now shopping.
              2013 F150 Supercrew w/ 128k miles.

Comment

Givemethevin.com beats carmax.

Comment

Givemethevin.com is great. I would try them after CarMax. They will give you 100 dollars if they cant beat Carmax offer.

Comment

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post
                    2013 F150 Supercrew w/ 128k miles.

Dang. He’s just looking for a car to get back and forth to work.

Comment

I sold a 2011 F150 Platinum Crew to them. They offered me a good price, it was quick and easy.

Comment

If your vehicle is: in the right mileage range for the year, clean, a decent make/model (generally no work trucks or weird stuff), and not modified in any way they are generally pretty fair in purchase pricing.

If your vehicle doesn't have every single one of the items I listed above they are going to loooooow ball you.

Comment

Took a Camry there around 6 months ago. Then took it to Auto Nation. Auto Nation offered me $1200 more than Carmax. Sale took about 20 min.

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
                            X