Moultrie Game Feeder Hog Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moultrie Game Feeder Hog Light

Has anyone here ever used one? What did you think about it? Or what did you use for green/red lights under the feeder? I know there’s better options out there for 3x the price didn’t want to spend to much on it.

I've used the green Moultrie feeder light. It works sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. I had deer and hogs under it and they paid no attention to it. Then I've had deer and hogs spook from it. It's not a bad cheap option. I had mine set for motion. I never tried it on any other setting.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one. Seems to work for the money. Just be prepared to use a fresh set of batteries every time you use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s what I was reading, it goes through batteries fairly quickly. I was thinking of holding off a bit and getting the ASF boar light but that goes for $150 compared to $50...

Comment

I absolutely hate WGI, but received their hog light as a gift. It has a built in solar charger and has been attached to my feeder for 3 years and no problems. Has an internal battery, so no batteries to change. If you really want an awesome light, check out the lights on texasboars.com

Last edited by Graysonhogs; 10-15-2019, 07:16 AM.

Comment

I use one it will go through some batteries. The feeder is about 65 or 70 yards out
            behind the house run it on motion on low and I see plenty good have killed 3 from back porch.

Comment

Originally posted by RTM View Post
              I use one it will go through some batteries. The feeder is about 65 or 70 yards out
              behind the house run it on motion on low and I see plenty good have killed 3 from back porch.
              Does it take awhile for the deer to get used to the lights?

Comment

Get the solar panel charger with it and it works fine. They make one specifically for it for like $30 bucks or so. I've had one for 3-4 years and no problems out of it. Like you said their are better, but I got one on clearance for $25 and the solar panel for $30 so not all that much invested. Plus, I have about 7-8 of the Quick Lock feeder units and can move around as needed.
                Scheel's has them for $34.99 right now.
                Last edited by dbelcher269; 10-16-2019, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Look at the Elusive Wildlife Sportsman. Solar powered and puts out good light.

Comment

I was thinking also of mounting a green light on my AR I’ve seen them on amazon pretty cheap. They have kits made for hunting for around $30.

Comment

This is a much better option IMO. I had three of them set up for three years and they were on every night for the full three years. An eight foot treated 4x4 and you’re in business. They will act as motion lights or dusk til dawn. Pigs get used to them very quickly. If you want a red lens, Hobby Lobby sells sheets of colored plastic. I’d start like that but over time it fades. Pigs won’t care !
                      Attached Files

Comment

I hate to even mention their name on this forum but the Wildgame Innovations Moonshine Light are pretty good for the price. I mount mine to the side of the feeder barrel which is 7-8' off the ground. Built in solar panel, 20 sec motion sensor. You can get them on Ebay for around $20. I've had some out in the field for probably 3 years and never touch them. No cords to come undone either. The setup Drycreek mentioned is good to though fi you set it up right. I've got a couple where I want more light in the feeder pen than the Moonshines provide.

Comment

Elusive wild life sportsman

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                            I absolutely hate WGI, but received their hog light as a gift. It has a built in solar charger and has been attached to my feeder for 3 years and no problems. Has an internal battery, so no batteries to change. If you really want an awesome light, check out the lights on texasboars.com

https://www.fieldandstreamshop.com/p...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
                            As said above, I have 2 on a each feeder. So far I’ve gotten 2 years out of 6. Great buy for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              This is a much better option IMO. I had three of them set up for three years and they were on every night for the full three years. An eight foot treated 4x4 and you’re in business. They will act as motion lights or dusk til dawn. Pigs get used to them very quickly. If you want a red lens, Hobby Lobby sells sheets of colored plastic. I’d start like that but over time it fades. Pigs won’t care !
                              Harbor Freight has one exactly like it with 50 more lumens and great reviews for the same price. I live like 5 minutes from a HF might just check it out. Do you have any pics how you mounted it? Trying to get ideas but kinda hard to without seeing the whole thing.’

Comment

Working...
                              X