Spanish Tortilla with Venison Chorizo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish Tortilla with Venison Chorizo

At Easter a friend of mine brought a Spanish Tortilla. I'd never heard of it, and it doesn't have any tortillas. Irony.

But it was really good, even though hers was meatless, so I knew if we added some meat to it it'd be even better. Chorizo seemed like the right choice so I searched around for a chorizo recipe.

This is the end result, and now I can't wait to make some bulk chorizo the next time we get a little piggy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	49 Spanish Tortilla 2 420.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	25112114

There's printable recipe cards for both the chorizo and the Spanish Tortilla. http://www.mywildkitchen.com/spanish...nison-chorizo/

Enjoy! We sure did!

Originally posted by Coachs Wife View Post
    At Easter a friend of mine brought a Spanish Tortilla. I'd never heard of it, and it doesn't have any tortillas. Irony.

But it was really good, even though hers was meatless, so I knew if we added some meat to it it'd be even better. Chorizo seemed like the right choice so I searched around for a chorizo recipe.

This is the end result, and now I can't wait to make some bulk chorizo the next time we get a little piggy!

[ATTACH]852479[/ATTACH]

There's printable recipe cards for both the chorizo and the Spanish Tortilla. http://www.mywildkitchen.com/spanish...nison-chorizo/

Enjoy! We sure did!
    That looks really good, I may have to try this!!!

Comment

That looks amazing! FYI, true Spanish chorizo is a hard cured meat much like a salami. What gets eaten over here is the same ingredients pretty much but isn't a hard cured meat, its an uncured fresh sausage. You can get the real stuff at a specialty store and I would recommend giving it a try sometime.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
        That looks amazing! FYI, true Spanish chorizo is a hard cured meat much like a salami. What gets eaten over here is the same ingredients pretty much but isn't a hard cured meat, its an uncured fresh sausage. You can get the real stuff at a specialty store and I would recommend giving it a try sometime.
        I knew there was a difference, but I've never seen or tasted the Spanish variety. Sounds delicious, though. My first taste of chorizo was in LaPryor, TX at Trini's Taco Stand. I don't even know if it's still open, but those were some GOOD Saturday morning tacos!

Comment

Looks great! Gonna try some this weekend.

Comment

looks good... like a frittata.

Venison chorizo is great. Used to make it all the time for at the lease. No fat what so ever. Your recipe looks similar to the one I use. Bet this is gooood.

Comment

Working...
            X