Help me find a Spring Turkey Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me find a Spring Turkey Hunt

No turkeys here in north east texas (or deer for that matter, hahaha) Anyways I have always wanted to do a turkey hunt and my Sons birthday is in March. Last birthday he did a ram hunt and this year we want to get our first turkeys together. So... I am wanting a father/son type hunt if someone can recommend somewhere for one.

Thanks

Tuesday morning bump

Comment

Like on some ones lease ?/ or you want a guided type hunt . Many of us that hunt west have many turkeys . I just watch them not much to eat on these little birds . Maybe ask a few of the guys with a lease .

Comment

Rather a "guided" hunt. Your right though, I wouldn't figure much meat but I have always wanted to kill a turkey. Around my parts there aren't any turkeys so I don't have an opportunity to watch or hunt them...heck I have 2 feeders and a 1 acre food plot at my house right now and I still haven't had any deer show up yet... just wanting for me and him to get out and let the air out of something and hope that some deer eventually find me. haha

Comment

Well hit me up first of the year we have them coming in almost every day . Semi guided like walk you to the blind type deal HA HA . Or sit you on the edge of the pasture .. in a pop up type deal .

Great to hear you taking your son out .. I am sure many have places that they would allow you to hunt

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
              Well hit me up first of the year we have them coming in almost every day . Semi guided like walk you to the blind type deal HA HA . Or sit you on the edge of the pasture .. in a pop up type deal .

Great to hear you taking your son out .. I am sure many have places that they would allow you to hunt
              very kind of you, very much appreciate the offer. If i am unable to lock anything down might just take you up on that. Yes, I am wanting to get him out more... not having any critters besides coons at our house has gotten him down and I don't want him to loose interest. He is my oldest and by spring we will have had our 5th... so lots a fun time with all of them to come.

Comment

inside a redneck blind

Untitled by GMR Performance, on Flickr

outside

Comment

and shoot as many of these as you can HA HA

Comment

That's cool! I can sit on a stand for hours and maybe see a squirrel.

Comment

In 8-10 hours I get 150 photos with the timer on 3 min . Crazy amount of game moving around ..

you can have pigs there for 15 min they run off in come turkeys than a trash panda that is stuck to the side of the feeder trying to reach inside then deer and pigs . had a bobcat roll through last weekend did not present a shot though

do not shoot the large black truck though HA HA

Comment

Nice place for sure, hopefully you get an opportunity on a good buck this season!

Comment

ya we got em lots. I call them vacuum cleaners!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X