Need Good 12v photocells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Good 12v photocells

Bought some off of amazon and I should of believed the reviews. Both are toast, but anyway, wanting to make some 12v hog lights, I have everything I need but need a recommendation on photocells. 12v, low amp. The ones I bought are off of amazon for 10.99 a piece. If you’ve had good luck with some please chime in the brand or where to get them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nobody has any recommendations??

Comment

Elusive wildlife has 10 amp ones and some other lower amp ones, they're more expensive but they work

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks

Comment

If you build it right you don't need a photo cell to operate dusk to dawn. Your solar charge controller can turn it on at dark and turn it off at daylight. If you don't have a solar charge controller and your running a solar panel you should get one and it doesn't cost any or much more then a 12V photo cell.

Comment

I have solar controllers, but don’t know anything about it turning it off and on with daylight?

Comment

Anyone else with recommendations? The ones from elusive are pricey.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                      If you build it right you don't need a photo cell to operate dusk to dawn. Your solar charge controller can turn it on at dark and turn it off at daylight. If you don't have a solar charge controller and your running a solar panel you should get one and it doesn't cost any or much more then a 12V photo cell.
                      I don’t have those kind of controllers, mine are nonprogrammable on 24 hrs.

Comment

I bought a cheap controller in 2012 that has an output that I have connected to a small LED light. I use it as a night light in my garage. It automatically turns on at dusk and turns off at day break. I’ll see if I can find the model online and post it here.

Comment

Precision Lumatrol

Comment

Here is one on Amazon;

It is more advanced than what mine is, but it is still pretty cheap.

After looking I can’t find the one that I bought. I guess it worked too good so they stopped making it.

Comment

Yeah I already have my controllers and those are more than I have invested in the entire project. Still looking for photocells.

Comment

Working...
                              X