Coast guard chopper circling in Matagorda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coast guard chopper circling in Matagorda

Coast guard chopper and plane are circling the beach here in Matagorda. Cops are down there too. Hope all is ok, but it doesn't look good. They've been here a while.

Prayers for the family involved. I was down there yesterday and the water on the beach was rough.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryC View Post
      Prayers for the family involved. I was down there yesterday and the water on the beach was rough.

Yes, yesterday the wind was brutal. We're right on the other side of the dunes in a beach house. Wind isn't as bad today.

Comment

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Nothing on the Tribune website. Says they called the search off last night and was to resume this morning. That doesn't sound good.

Comment

Originally posted by calfroper_06 View Post
              Nothing on the Tribune website. Says they called the search off last night and was to resume this morning. That doesn't sound good.
              They'll find him washed up between the jetties and Port O'Connor. Happens all the time in Matagorda. Still not sure what possesses people to swim near the mouth of the river.

Comment

I don't notice any searching this morning. I'm on the balcony deck now and all is quiet. I couldn't find any updates either.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  They'll find him washed up between the jetties and Port O'Connor. Happens all the time in Matagorda. Still not sure what possesses people to swim near the mouth of the river.
                  Hard enough to drive a boat through there at low speed.

Comment

Sad situation. Prayers up for the family

Comment

I hear stories like this from my shipmates all the time. I wish people would be more conscience about where they're swimming or boating. We pull to many bodies out of the water because of ill decision.

Comment

Just heard that they found his body this morning.

Comment

People underestimate the power of water. Unfortunately it is very unforgiving. Prayers for all involved.

Comment

Working...
                          X