First Bobcat with a twist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Bobcat with a twist

So last night I'm hunting for hogs sitting in a stand about 140 yds from the feeder. Wasn't seeing anything and then I heard a high pitch scream. I had my NV out scanning when a bobcat walks out of the cedar. so at this point I'm trying to figure out if I want to shoot him but it's hard to judge size with the NV. After a few seconds I decided WTH and shot. He turned and ran into the cedar thicket and I gave him a few minutes before getting out and looking for him. Once I get down to where he was at I find a big pile of blood and a great blood trail. Here is where it gets interesting, I go in this thick cedar and easily find the cat but he isn't dead he is barely hanging on and all I had was my 6.8 SPC and didn't want to shoot him again from that close and destroy the hide so I figured I had 3 options. One, stand there and wait for him to die but didn't want to watch him suffer. Two, grab a stick and bash his head but didn't want to destroy his skull so I can do a euro mount. Three, choke him to death quick easy and no damage to hide or skull. So I decided I'm gonna choke him to death. Now realize this cat is in bad shape he isn't wounded he is dying if it had just been wounded I never would have tried this. I watched the cat for about 10 min before I made this decision and it attempted to get up 3-4 times and just fell over. My first attempt I walk up it just lays there trying to crawl away, I placed my boot on the shoulder and reached down to grab the cats neck as soon as I applied pressure he leached forward and growled I about sheet myself. So at this point I'm trying to figure out whet to do and then I spot a cedar limb on the ground. I grabbed the limb and put it over the cats neck and then stepped on the limb applying pressure this worked great until the branch snapped so I used my boot to finish him off and ended the cats life after about 30 seconds. I have all this on video and will upload later. The cat isn't very big but it's my first, if I knew he was a smaller cat I would have let him walk but it is what it is. Lessons learned are, never track a bobcat without a pistol to finish him off and don't try to choke a bobcat with your hands.
    Attached Files

Video of my first failed attempt to choke the bobcat

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Why am I laughing at this? Next time remove your belt and use it as a garote or noose...
        Pretty cat btw

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!

Comment

LMAO, the video was great! I laughing so hard i'm crying, lol. Congrats, great looking bobcat!

Comment

Originally posted by MilMan View Post
              LMAO, the video was great! I laughing so hard i'm crying, lol. Congrats, great looking bobcat!
              apparently this video has had that effect on a lot of people

Comment

Younger cats usually have better spots, so I'd argue that a smaller cat makes a better mount. You did the right thing. Next time just go with the boot first.

Comment

Hahaha. That was funny! Pretty cat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just watched it again.

Oh, s**t. Maybe I won't come you to death!

Classic lol

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know where the thread was that they were giving SapperTitan a bunch of hell for this, but I'm liking this one a lot better. Awesome kill. no matter how you had to get it done

Comment

too good

Comment

Beautiful cat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

nice take down!

Comment

I think your idea of havin the pistol next time is better. Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X