FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
    Well boys keeping this between us. I hope to be running a deep impact through this sucker. This is not high fenced. And in my home town. I cleared my week schedule.

Boy howdy!!
    I wish you luck!!

Comment

Holy crap.

Comment

Well boys keeping this between us. I hope to be running a deep impact through this sucker. This is not high fenced. And in my home town. I cleared my week schedule.

Comment

It's a buddies low fence 300 acres. We are ALL AFTER HIM. I hope with this kill I'll make muddys prostaff lol. What's funny is rut is full swing down here

Comment

Finally as promised I have a something for you guys. These are the new X-Impacts I have built for myself using the 165 grain Simmons Land Shark. They ended up at 443 with just over 22% EFOC. I must say, I think this is my best work. This new set-up is only 10 grains heavier than the Deep Impact set-up I have been shooting the last couple of years but sports almost 3.5% more FOC.
            Attached Files

Comment

It's a buddies low fence 300 acres. We are ALL AFTER HIM. I hope with this kill I'll make muddys prostaff lol. What's funny is rut is full swing down here
              You put that dude down and we can talk about that prostaff membership!

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                Finally as promised I have a something for you guys. These are the new X-Impacts I have built for myself using the 165 grain Simmons Land Shark. They ended up at 443 with just over 22% EFOC. I must say, I think this is my best work. This new set-up is only 10 grains heavier than the Deep Impact set-up I have been shooting the last couple of years but sports almost 3.5% more FOC.

What length are they?

Comment

Amo 28.000"

Comment

Amo 28.000"

Wow!!
                    So you might could build me some at 29.0625" and they'd weigh in about 450 grains?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                      Wow!!
                      So you might could build me some at 29.0625" and they'd weigh in about 450 grains?
                      pretty much. remember, I shoot feathers so if you are a blazer guy that's another 12 grains over my 443 plus the 8 grains of shaft weight for the extra inch so you would really be looking in the low 460's.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                        You have two choices. Build a heavy slower arrow with the FOC you are looking for, or stay with a lower FOC on the arrow at the weight and speed you want.
                        I have a lot of respect for this guy^^^^, he has a lot of great knowledge. I don't know if many of you remember this quote, its from the first page of this thread. I used to think the same, I had to sacrifice speed and trajectory for the FOC is was looking for.

The moral of the story is you don't have two choices, you have as many choices as you want. I think there has been some good dialog in this awesome thread and I hope it continues. I also hope that you all see that the limits of arrow performance and characteristics are being challenged and redefined.

Comment

The x impact are nice arrows. They are in that upper tier of price. Is that why you only built three. Haha just kidding. Great looking arrows. And them 1 9/16 wide heads got to be hard on an animal.

It's funny about these arrows we are building. I was at the local shop this weekend. Good friend. We hunt together. Any way some young guys where in there and I got to talking about our arrows. They all but told me I was crazy.

Course I was shooting my 800 plus gn with a 300 gn fieldpoints.

Comment

I have a lot of respect for this guy^^^^, he has a lot of great knowledge. I don't know if many of you remember this quote, its from the first page of this thread. I used to think the same, I had to sacrifice speed and trajectory for the FOC is was looking for.

The moral of the story is you don't have two choices, you have as many choices as you want. I think there has been some good dialog in this awesome thread and I hope it continues. I also hope that you all see that the limits of arrow performance and characteristics are being challenged and redefined.

I remember it. :thumbup:

Comment

Ok just finish an arrow to test. If it works out will build more for hunt Friday. Arrow is 25.5 ctc. 100 gn insert and 175 gn head. Arrow weight is 522 with 25% foc
                              Attached Files

Comment

Killer bro' nicely done .

Comment

Working...
                                X