Let’s talk hunting boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When your feet get cold, put on a hat.

Head is like chimney for letting warmth escape via blood circulation.

Other advice above is good, as well.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Muck Artic Pro’s.

I wore Lacrosse Alphabury’s for years and was never happy with the warmth nor longevity.

Comment

Learned this from my dad he was stationed in German during his time in the army. Only layer up and put the insulated boots on right before going out in the cold. If you layer up in a warm environment and linger too long your feet will sweat and nothing will keep them warm.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Sock liners, Loose wool socks, loose fitting boots.

If that doesn't work coat entire foot with vagisil first

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            I approach this in a less is more mindset. Used heavily insulated boots for years and find that my feet stay warmer with uninsulated boots and wool socks (at least 65% merino wool). Rarely have an issue now
            Same here. I run a sock liner and also bring an extra pair of dry socks in case my feet sweat.

Comment

I bought some Magellan 800g Thin rubber boots last fall. Had them on ice fishing in ND when it was -25 a few morning and had no issues. Bought them a little big so I could wear two pairs of socks, one tube and one wool. As long as your feet have room to breath they are good. Tight isn't good for cold.

Comment

I use rubber boots and some good smart wool socks.

Comment

It depends what your doing, I wouldnt use the same set up for sitting in a stand as I would walking through the mountains in Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                    Any other recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Wear good wool socks.

Comment

I think I am going to go with Danners this time. I had to tape my 15 year old rocky prowlers( 800 grams thinsulate /gore tex) yesterday when I noticed the soles flopping when I tied them. They no longer make them so after looking long and hard I am probably going to order the ones listed in this link. The Rockys kept my warm and dry and these Danner`s are similar.

Danner boots are a mark of superior craftsmanship, Our hiking, hunting, work, military, and law enforcement boots are built with GORE-TEX waterproof liners, durable Vibram outsoles, and full-grain leather.

Comment

I buy those rubber soled, and toe Pak boots with canvas uppers from Academy.
                        I don't lace them up, but wrap the shoe strings around a couple times and tie them off.
                        I can slip them on and off without tying, and with heavy wool socks they keep my feet warm and dry. On my second pair.

Comment

I bought some Muck Arctic lace up boots earlier this year when they had the sale, they're no warmer than my Lacrosse rubber boots so either the lacrosse uninsulated boots are really warm or the Muck Arctic boots aren't very arctic.

Comment

Sportsmans
                            Guide Gear Mens Side Zip Ankle Fit Insulated Rubber Boots, 2,000 Grams
                            Item # WX2-667909
                            Guide Gear Men’s Side Zip Ankle Fit Insulated Rubber Boots, 2,000 Grams
                            Image feedack link. What do you think of our product images?
                            4 stars
                            (38)
                            Write a review
                            Heavyweight warmth. Snug ankle fit. Built like a tank.
                            Key Features

Durable rubber uppers
                            2,000-gram Thinsulate Ultra insulation
                            100% waterproof, seam-sealed construction
                            Cupped rubber sure-grip outsoles
                            Removable polyurethane insole
                            Gusseted calf with side zippers
                            Mossy Oak Break-Up COUNTRY
                            17"h., 53 oz. each

rubber boots Shop our Guide Gear Ankle Fit Rubber Boots Selection >
                            SALE! (Was $119.99)
                            Buyer's Club Info
                            $89.99
                            Non-Member $99.99

Comment

Lacrosse Ice Kings, please close thread

Comment

I wear my Irish Setter Vapyrtek snakeboots year round.

They’re waterproof and are adequate in cold weather with a good pair of wool socks. My feet occasionally get cold but it’s more than bearable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X