No announcement yet.

Choosing your camo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in my blind AHHHH black nike pull over .

on the ground Six site works well

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
      Y’all should look into Predator Camo Fall Grey. I primarily treestand hunt and it performs well
      This is the best I have found at hiding an outline in a bare tree.

Comment

Doesn't matter, as long as you pay at least a $100 for each item.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Doesn't matter, as long as you pay at least a $100 for each item.
          this..

If it aint the most expensive camo on the market then it aint gonna work...

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
            stay away from cotton and fabrics that fade easy
            Why? Cotton is great when it ain't cold. Polyester tends to hold your stink more. Wool is absolute best, but more expensive.

Faded stuff is also way better than new. It boggles my mind how shiny a bunch of these clothes that are sold for hunting are. yeah a deer maybe color blind... but they have not proven yet that that can't see shiny vs dull.

My best clothes are non noisy, soft, dull clothing.

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
            The clearance time at academy has set me up for years. Lol
            Ha ha ha! glad I am not the only one. Just buy a bunch of $15 pants and $5 shirts and I am good to go... pattern don't matter. Just like the dark stuff for when I am in the shadows... and lighter stuff for stalking in the brush.

Originally posted by Patton View Post
            x2
            I’d suggest making the camo pattern a secondary priority and start comparing different companies and their product. I personally like merino wool and use a First Lite layering system in the Cipher pattern. If you’re predominately a tree stand hunter, the Fusion might be the ticket.
            Yep, this!!! I look at fabric/fit first, then pattern. My best shirt is a long sleeve green thin wool shirt. Has no shine, never smells, warm, etc.

Still boggles my mind when hunting clothes has Velcro instead of buttons.. dangling zippers... etc.

Comment

Which one ?

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              I wear a leafy suit and dark clothes under it
              This is a great idea!

Comment

As far as camo pattern, my favorite is vertigo grey but I have only seen it on ScentLok products. I feel it is the best at breaking up the human outline while not looking like a big dark blob at 20yds.

I do think the best camo for bowhunting has to be quiet regardless of pattern. I have found way too many items that make too much noise when rubbed together to warrant their purchase.

Comment

I’ve shot lots of deer while riding in a pickup out in the pasture. About as non-camo as you can get.

If you want to wear it, great, but I don’t think it’s necessary

Comment

I wear camelflage.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Predator Spring Green for spring bears, Fall Gray for normal hunting and hiking, and the new Mossy Oak Mountain Country for wandering in the elk woods in Sept.

Comment

If you are still hunting in the same area as your avatar pic, them you have the right cam already.

Comment

Working...
                        X