Finally got on a lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got on a lease

I just got on a lease after bowhunting public land exclusively for many years.

I’m curious if any one has advice on setting up my hunting spots, I get 2. I’m gonna set one up for rifle or bow, and one for bow only.

Any suggestions on gear, blinds, feeders, and just general set up would be much appreciated.

The lease is in East Texas by the way.

Thanks for any advice
    Grumpy

Stand and fill feeders are the way to go I'll never climb a ladder to fill a feeder again. I have all seasons feeders and love them

Comment

East Texas lock your stuff up

Comment

In east Tx, find the food, find the deer.
        On our place, big bucks don't go to a feeder unless it's way after dark. Over the years, I've found the akern trees they like to go to first.
        Good luck!!

Comment

Early rut...feed heavily late in season.

Comment

Hand corn if possible. If pigs are to bad, keep eye out for other food sources. Don’t be scared to hunt the thickest crap you can find. Lock-on mainly for me.

Comment

I would set up a feeder as one spot, then have a stand on a trail coming to the feeder a few hundred yards away as my other spot.

Comment

Congrats and good luck!

Comment

pick your best bet... then you'll learn the place after that and might move your spot later on...Cows on the place makes a big difference too.

Comment

Thank you all very much.

Comment

Don't feed too early unless you like killing pigs- then by all means.

If you fail early, keep your feeders throwing and hunt late December. Most people give up by then so the woods get quieter and the bucks will start eating at feeders or at least cruising by them. (been my experience anyways)

I also prefer walking in to my stands- parking 150-300 yards away depending on location.

Comment

It's East Texas, you probably won't see a deer so don't over think it ... congratulations on the new place!

Comment

Where?

Comment

Just don’t be too disappointed when your stuff is stolen

Comment

Ask your lease members if theft is an issue.
                              If so, use simple equipment you won’t lose too much sleep over if it should walk of- ie 6v feeders and cheaper game cameras.
                              The less value it has, the less likely they will mess with it.

You can also utilize old/broken game cameras by placing them on the trails in and out and around your feeder. The sight of one should keep the honest away from your setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X