Reel overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reel overhaul

I've got a nice spinning reel (Penn Battle) that I loaned to a relative. Unfortunately it took a surf bath with no followup fresh water shower and now it's in need of a good overhaul and lube.

With zero experience I haven't decided if it's worth it to try and clean it up myself or send it to a pro. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good reel mechanic?

Thanks

Why don't you just let your relative pay to fix it?

Comment

Here ya go.

Comment

Reel overhaul

Searching Penn Battle Rebuild on youtube returns several results that look promising. Reels aren't all that complex. Spend your money on new bearings, drag disc, etc. Good skill to learn, you may dunk it next time and need to break it down asap.

For reference a Curado DC that got dunked first trip out. Runs like a champ still

Last edited by TexasBob; 08-08-2019, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
          Searching Penn Battle Rebuild on youtube returns several results that look promising. Reels aren't all that complex. Spend your money on new bearings, drag disc, etc. Good skill to learn, you may dunk it next time and need to break it down asap.

For reference a Curado DC that got dunked first trip out. Runs like a champ still

Word of warning: do not get any kind of alcohol or solvent on a DC reel. Ask me how I know.
          Also, save yourself some money and just buy windex instead of that reel cleaner. They just rebottle it and sell it for more.
          Last edited by ultrastealth; 08-08-2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X