Franchising. Anyone ever done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Franchising. Anyone ever done it?

I'm looking at some franchise opportunities here. Anyone ever purchased a franchise? I'm looking at 3 very different franchise opportunities and need some advice on what to look for and what to avoid when talking with the organizations.

Buy a Chick Fil A!

Comment

I used to sell franchises.
      That is a broad topic with so many businesses, probably need more specifics to get a good answer from anyone.

Comment

I have a national franchise, we also own two franchise locations.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
          Buy a Chick Fil A!
          I was reading a franchise article the other day about Chick Fil A. The article claimed that you don't actually own the location and you are merely an operator of said location. If you decide you want to get out, the location is not yours to sell.

Comment

PM sent.

Be careful some franchise can be a pyramid scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
              Buy a Chick Fil A!
              Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
              I was reading a franchise article the other day about Chick Fil A. The article claimed that you don't actually own the location and you are merely an operator of said location. If you decide you want to get out, the location is not yours to sell.
              Chic Fil A would be the best franchise to be in but it’s higly unlikely for you be accepted into the “partnership”. Accept a couple applications a year out of tens of thousands submitted. SmoothieKing is another heat one that is very cheap to start.
              And yes Ecallerman is right, you don’t own anything with ChikFilA. You are an “operator/location manager” for them. They buy the land, build the building and provide everything. Plus take 40% of net monthly proceeds as their cut. You cannot change from their practices or you will be shut down. Plus they look into your financial history plus your families finances, check your faith and how devote you are, no criminal history, pretty much your entire existence is questioned. Lots of hurdles for them but a lucrative franchise.

Comment

I own a national franchise as well, over 15 years now. Be very careful with franchise brokers and if it sounds to good to be true, well you the rest. I sent you a pm and you can call me.

Comment

I own all the french fries in my freezer! It’s not very lucrative though. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                    I own all the french fries in my freezer! It’s not very lucrative though. Sorry.
                    :-)

My wife owns ours :-)[emoji1303]

Comment

Subway is relatively cheap as far as franchises go

Comment

I was a franchise consultant for 10+ years. Learned a lot about franchising. I’d be happy to offer some of my expertise as to what I believe makes a good and bad franchise. PM ms your number and we can discuss

Comment

Why pay for clear blue sky???
                          Independent business owner regards...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Following!
                            Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
                            Outback Steakhouse have a similar system.
                            Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            Subway is relatively cheap as far as franchises go
                            Last I heard most markets are closed and you may have to buy-in with a 20 store commitment over a certain amount of years.

Comment

Owned one for 5 years and sold it. My wife and I worked 6 days a week 10 hour days and worried 24/7 about making money. Hated having to work so hard and paying 10% of everything we made.

Read everything carefully and visit (not just talk) current and previous owners. Match your franchise to something you enjoy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X