Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulletproof Backpaks

Please don't judge.

Has anyone purchased one? Can you recommend a brand. Give me some insight. I know it's not going to stop a .223 but they will stop pistol rounds. Was thinking about getting one for my HS Sophomore. I don't want to be sitting here wishing I had. Get the drift!!!

Just curious, but are high school students allowed to wear body armor? I would examine that route first. Front and back coverage, wouldn't be placed on the ground during class, and can't be stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
      Just curious, but are high school students allowed to wear body armor? I would examine that route first. Front and back coverage, wouldn't be placed on the ground during class, and can't be stolen.
      If no ones knows, no one can say no.

Comment

It's really a good idea.

If we, as adults are going to be armed for protection and deny our kids at least some sort of protection then we don't have much of a leg to stand on.

Safe Direction products are legit and Steve is an awesome guy.

Nothing is going to stop a rifle round other than plates but anything is better than nothing.

Getting a girl to wear armor even if it is allowed probably ain't likely to happen at least with a bag or insert she has something.

Comment

The level 3A plus soft armor inserts are interesting. Designed to slide in a backpack and worn towards a threat. There are some that actually have two rifle plates and one can be deployed to the front. Seems like that might be a little heavy but I know no real life experience with them. Text books inside a backpack with a soft armor panel could possibly stop a rifle round.

I would also recommend reaching out to you local PD and see if they have anyone certified in teaching active shooter response for citizens. I teach (CRASE) citizens response to active shooter events. There are other variable of this class that follow the same principle. Some Agencies will provide this class free of charge to a group that will listen. Typically it’s taught to teachers or employees of nursing homes or large factories. They are all based off the run, hide, fight principle.

Some say that this stuff is over kill but it wouldn’t surprise me if ballistic backpacks become the norm in our lifetime. You could also ask school department heads what their protocol is for theses situations. You may find there isn’t much of anything or it’s lockdown and shelter in place. They may be looking for something and you could direct them towards the Run hide fight principle. Or just teach your kids the necessities.

Comment

It literally makes me sick to my stomach that here in the USA we have to ask these questions for our baby’s but unfortunately it’s the world we now live in. Absolutely heart breaking and infuriating.

Comment

I didn’t know much about the bullet proof back packs till I went into a gun store. That had a whole bunch of them. It’s becoming a real thing. I wouldn’t be afraid to have one. You never know what you will need in this world.

Comment

Text books in a backpack will also stop pistol rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by colinr View Post
                  it literally makes me sick to my stomach that here in the usa we have to ask these questions for our baby’s but unfortunately it’s the world we now live in. Absolutely heart breaking and infuriating.
                  100%

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                    It literally makes me sick to my stomach that here in the USA we have to ask these questions for our baby’s but unfortunately it’s the world we now live in. Absolutely heart breaking and infuriating.
                    truth

Comment

truth...…….
                      OP-- if it gives you, some measure of peace of mind...……
                      Do it ! I would...…...

Comment

It's something that we should have always been concerned about, violent crime has been declining for the past 30 years and on top of that chances of being involved in a school shooting are extremely rare.

It's not something to freak out about and let it control our lives and the lives of our children but it is something to take reasonable precautions for.

A child is exponentially more danger on the road to school than they are at school but doesnt mean they shouldnt be as prepared as they can be

Comment

Sure a sad sign of the times. What will we consider outfitting our youth in 5-10+ years from now.

Comment

The odds of your child getting shot in a school shooting are so small it's not worth considering a back pack. Don't let the leftist media get you stirred up.

A child is so many times more likely to die in a MVA on the way to or from school you should be sending them to school in a Volvo with a full roll cage, a fire suit, a helmet and a HANS device.

DON'T LET THE LIBERALS LIVE IN YOUR HEAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                              It's something that we should have always been concerned about, violent crime has been declining for the past 30 years and on top of that chances of being involved in a school shooting are extremely rare.

It's not something to freak out about and let it control our lives and the lives of our children but it is something to take reasonable precautions for.

A child is exponentially more danger on the road to school than they are at school but doesnt mean they shouldnt be as prepared as they can be
                              Agreed. Heart disease accounts for about 1 out every six of all American deaths as opposed to Gun Assault which accounts for 1 out of every 285 American deaths, but all these bullet proof backpacks will be filled up with junk food and other crap we shouldn't put into our bodies.

Comment

Working...
                              X