Wind turbines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind turbines?

How much are landowners getting paid to have wind turbines on their place?

Does anyone know details about wind turbines like how much do they cost to put up and how much electricity do they sell? Subsidy money?

I drove through and saw LOTS of them have gone up..so curious as to some details.

I have always wondered this myself. In on this.

Comment

I work on them don’t really know details on the land owner side. I’m sure it’s good, there’s landowners begging to have some put up their land. I know there’s different contracts, I think you can get paid a certain amount a year or get paid a % of what the turbine produces a year. If the tower goes down or faults you’re out money if you choose production %.

Comment

I’ve heard its pretty good. However, they are a terrible eyesore. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
          I can't stand them and wish they were outlawed. They simple destroy scenery.

I would hope they make the landowner a LOT of money for the trouble... but I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            I will agree with you on that. I was down in the land cut out of corpus Christi horrible looking.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Wind lease terms vary quite a bit, but general rules of thumb are: $4,000 to $8,000 per turbine, $3,000 to $4,000 per megawatt of capacity, or 2-4% of gross revenues. Larger turbines should translate to larger payments. Compensation packages typically are offered as fixed yearly payments.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                I can't stand them and wish they were outlawed. They simple destroy scenery.

I would hope they make the landowner a LOT of money for the trouble... but I have no idea.
                If u had any, you would love them. 10 turbines on your land gets you about 30k per month, 360k per year. U can buy lots of scenery for that kind of mailbox geetus. I would care less what my neighbors though if I had some.

All of the wind farms are subsidized by the government to keep #aoc happy. Each unit costs about 1.5-2 million to install and get up and running.

Comment

Holy Mackrel! 1.5-2 million per turnkey install. Thats incredible! How long does it take for one to pay for itself?

Eye sore smeye sore...Wind turbines are no different than seeing a sky scraper go up or all the wooded hill country get plowed down and developed for residential neighborhoods...thats annoying. Anybody building a goofy colonial house in the country...anybody live in a deteriorating mobile home in the middle of a oak and cedar trees...no visual difference.

Im wondering how long oil money will keep the antiwind propaganda going. Thankfully oil is not doing a good job in persuasion. Wind money smells better than oil money.

Comment

I got offered $8 an acre iirc for the wind lease. Supposedly each turbine would pay 15-18 thousand a year. Not near enough for me to have to look at that crap. And the 40 page contract sucked. The contract was for 40 years! Not no but hell no!

Comment

I don’t fault anyone for having them. Farmers need every dime they can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                        Holy Mackrel! 1.5-2 million per turnkey install. Thats incredible! How long does it take for one to pay for itself?

Eye sore smeye sore...Wind turbines are no different than seeing a sky scraper go up or all the wooded hill country get plowed down and developed for residential neighborhoods...thats annoying. Anybody building a goofy colonial house in the country...anybody live in a deteriorating mobile home in the middle of a oak and cedar trees...no visual difference.

Im wondering how long oil money will keep the antiwind propaganda going. Thankfully oil is not doing a good job in persuasion. Wind money smells better than oil money.
                        LOL! Great job, you’ve identified 4 more eyesores.

Comment

It's gone down but land owners in McCook were getting 20k-$30k per when construction first started.

Comment

Do you have to have land in extra windy areas or does the average wind area work for windmills?

How many acres per windmill?

Comment

The farmers I know that have dealt with them are not impressed. $360k/yr is a farce

Comment

Working...
                              X