Chevy diesel gas mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy diesel gas mileage

I know diesel trucks aren't rated for gas mileage, but I was wondering what everyone else is getting. I have the 2015 chevy 2500HD 4dr, 4x4 and I get about 13mph average. When I pull my stock trailer or travel trailer I get 6mpg. This just doesn't seem right. I really thought that it goat about 18mpg average when I bought it. It has 92K miles on it. All regular maintenance done.

My lifted dmax on 37’s gets about 13.8 . Tuned and deleted. My deleted 2010 got right at 17

Comment

04 duramax....

21 hwy...18 city

14 pulling my 30 ft 5th wheel

you might have an injector stuck open, does it smoke a lot?

Comment

I don't really know.....I just fill it up and go. I will tell you this, anything over 70 and the needle goes down a whole lot faster! 2016 dmax

Comment

I had a 2014 that got right at 16 mpg. I generally drive about 5 over any speed limit.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
            04 duramax....

21 hwy...18 city

14 pulling my 30 ft 5th wheel

you might have an injector stuck open, does it smoke a lot?
            It did have some white smoke coming out of it this past week while hauling an empty stock trailer up a very tiny hill. Other than that I don't see any smoke, but I don't look either.

Comment

If I keep my '19 at 75 or under on the hwy, I will get 17-19mpg. if it is all "in town " driving say 30 mph or less it gets about 13-14. If I have a trailer hooked to it, it gets 9-11mpg.

Comment

4x4
                14ish in town

16-18 hwy depending on how I drive

When it still had factory wheels and the tiny 245 tires I made a trip from ft worth to Odessa having to follow a company truck at 65mph and I got 24.7MILES PER GALLON (by pen and not the read out)
                Other than the wheels, tires and bumpers truck is bone stock.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I had an 02 and got 16-17 overall and usually 9-12 towing.

Comment

2016 4x4. Average 15-16. 13-15 in town. 17-19 on the highway running 75-80

Comment

My '19 Duramax 2500HD LB has a pretty good sized lift and 35's and I am getting about 13.5mpg right now with about 80% highway driving. It only has about 2500 miles on it so it should get slightly better after about 10k miles. I haven't deleted it yet. I hear bone stock, the '19's are getting 17mpg+

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190201-075718_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	24568498

Comment

06 Duramax 4x4
                        17 mpg city
                        20 mpg hwy

Comment

Deleted 15, average around 18 a tank. Mostly highway with some town and towing ranger, boats, etc. Made a one day round trip from Houston to Dallas last week and averaged 19.2.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                            My '19 Duramax 2500HD LB has a pretty good sized lift and 35's and I am getting about 13.5mpg right now with about 80% highway driving. It only has about 2500 miles on it so it should get slightly better after about 10k miles. I haven't deleted it yet. I hear bone stock, the '19's are getting 17mpg+

[ATTACH]944445[/ATTACH]
                            You’re not going to like the price tag to delete that thing that motor is a monster though!

Comment

My 15 duramax averages about 15 to 16. I have got as high as 18 on the highway. I can say that when my filters need to be changed I see a significant drop in my mileage though. My Def system went out a few months ago and I was about to pull the trigger on a delete but Chevrolet ended up covering the cost of repair even though the truck was out of warranty.

Comment

Working...
                              X