Pick one to spend Christmas money on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pick one to spend Christmas money on

I got about $400 in gift certs to Sportsmans Warehouse for Christmas and I can't decide what to spend it on. I've thought a lot about putting it towards a 20 gauge pair with my 12 ga, but lately I've had some other choices running through my head. So if you had to choose, tell me which one to go with. I realize some of these items are more than the $400, but I'll make up the difference. I also don't want to spend it on a lot of little stuff like broadheads or arrows or stuff like that. I want this to be one big purchase.

1. 20 gauge semi-auto
    2. Varmint rifle and scope combo
    3. Gun safe
    4. New jacket and pants

As background, I have a 12 ga semi auto and a dedicated turkey gun. I also have a 270 deer rifle, a 9mm pistol and a Browning Buckmark .22 plinker. My bow and all the stuff with it is less than 1 year old, so I'm set there. Basically I can hunt virtually anything in Texas with my current arsenal, so whatever I get wouldn't get used a super bunch. Just filling in around the edges with some specific items and having a little fun. I mostly hunt deer, hogs, dove, ducks and turkey.

I've got plenty of clothes but don't have anything super quiet and warm, like a nice wool or outfitters heavy fleece set. The one I like at Cabela's is about $225 for the set, so that choice is probably at the bottom of the list and I'll probably get it anyway.

I can't decide what to to. I just feel like if I get one of the guns, they won't get much use after the newness factor wears off. But how does the old saying go, "the proper number of guns/bows to own is (the number you have now) + 1"

Sorry this list is gun centric, but I haven't gotten bitten by the new bow bug just yet. My bow gear is new. I'm sure that craving will come next year.

Help me choose, please!

I would get another gun. Ya can't have to many guns, or bows.

Comment

How about a Double Bull Matrix?

Comment

I'd get a real pistol, 45acp or 41 mag S&W 657.......

Comment

benelli M2 or cordoba in 20ga would get my vote. or the double bull

Comment

I vote for the gun safe. That's gonna be my next big purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Hog_Hunter View Post
              I would get another gun. Ya can't have to many guns, or bows.
              Which gun and why?

Im leaning towards the varmint gun today. It might be fun to set up over a carcass at night and pick off a few 'yotes. Tomorrow it will be something different I'm sure.

Double Bull is an interesting suggestion. I didn't think about that one.

Keep 'em coming.

Comment

Double Bull, spring turkey season will be here before you know it!

Comment

i say varmit gun combo

Comment

I would do the varmint gun personally. And thats just because I love the challenge of reloading and shooting really small groups.

Comment

Gun Safe that way you wont be having to start over.

Comment

Yep looks to me like you need the varmint rifle in the arsenal, .22-.250 would fit the bill.

Comment

Get a CZ varmint rifle and top it with a decent scope.

Comment

I'd say the shotgun, but that's just me. I love shotguns. I have 12 of them. I wouldn't go with the safe. I don't think you'll get a safe you'll be happy with over a long period for $400.00, unless you want to put in some of your own money. My second choice would be the rifle.

Comment

Check out Traditions

Check out the Traditions Pursuit Pro they have there. 50 cal. smoke cannon, black synthetic nickle plated and lots of fun to shoot, $229.00, believe you could shoot varmits with it too and leave really big holes no matter how many legs they got and still get a nice shotgun...

Comment

Working...
                              X