Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember Denise's Turkey Kill

[ATTACH]7170[/ATTACH]

That is one beautiful way to mount a turkey tail, wings, beard and spurs. Very nice!

Comment

That's cool. It reminds me of...

010108010204010308200710113c6356a9d5c314875800814d.jpg

Comment

Now that is sweet.

Comment

Very nice. I like that a lot

Comment

SWEET, Walker.

Congratulate, Denise for me, again.

Comment

Thats cool!!

Comment

thats nice

Comment

Very nice, Did u do that your self or did u have it done. Because i work for a taxidermist in Floresville, he said he works with you, his name is Jimmy Biela.

Josh

Comment

I did it myself. Jimmy watched the whole process and helped clean the tail. He actually did most of the tail prep.

Comment

Looks great! What has to be done to the wings to preserve them?

Trailboss

Comment

On the wings I split the skin open on the back side along the bone on both sections and kinda laid the skin open and then removed all the meat. It sounds hard and tedious but once I got started on it its was pretty easy. Then I packed the cavities I made with borax over night. Next day I flipped the wings back ove, positioned them and pinned them to shape and dry. I had 2 little mistakes. Looking at the picture, on the right side wing on the leading edge right next to the plaque the feathers stick down farther than the other wing. And a couple of the shield feathers are missing on that same wing.
                        Now to mount the winds to the plaque I first tried a 3/4" board 3" wide by about 5" long. I drilled a hole in the large wing bone and then gently spread the feathers enough to run a screw in from the front into the board. That was bad because the bone has an arc in it and when I tightened up the screw I cracked the bone. So I cut the board down to 1" wide and that worked good. I cut another piece of wood 1" x 2" and put it under the board connecting the wings to fill in the space between that board and the plaque and with a 1&5/8" screw with thru both pieces of wood into the back of the plaque.
                        Last edited by Walker; 12-27-2006, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Thats a great looking mount!
                          Looks like Denise got a crayon to the wall! Did she draw that?That girls got talent !

Comment

Yeah, Denise drew all that stuff. The griffin was there before the turkey plaque.

Comment

Very cool, that is one of the coolest I've seen.

Comment

Working...
                              X