Compare please: Cricket to AT&T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compare please: Cricket to AT&T

As the title says, Cricket Wireless to AT&T. Price and mostly coverage in remote locations. Thanks!

They coverage is exactly the same. I pay 75 for two lines unlimited but I do own the phones

Comment

Switched over from att to cricket about 2 years ago. Two lines and a hot spot on one of the lines for 90 dollars. My old plan with att was 220 a month. I got to keep my numbers and same phones. I work along the border and reception is exactly the same

Comment

Originally posted by southtx View Post
        Switched over from att to cricket about 2 years ago. Two lines and a hot spot on one of the lines for 90 dollars. My old plan with att was 220 a month. I got to keep my numbers and same phones. I work along the border and reception is exactly the same
        Curious on the hot spot. Is it unlimited data?? What are you running on it??
        Last edited by Pedernal; 06-15-2019, 04:06 PM.

Comment

same towers, same coverage

Comment

I made the swap 6 months ago and have never looked back. Same service at a lot cheaper price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Only do it if you wanna save a grand a year. I've used my cricket all over the us, and Canada, hotspot works great. It may be the best decision ive ever made!!

Comment

How much slower is Cricket?

Comment

I was curious about the cost difference. I use ATT Gophone, I hate contracts and the inflated costs due to buying contract phones. So I just buy used phones...but back on topic....

Did some quick googling and it is hard to do a direct comparison of the different plan levels due to different data limits and such. My ATT plan is 10/mo more than cricket, but cricket throttles DL speed and throttles it more if you go over a certain amt of data in a month. Not enough of a difference to make me want to switch. But I don't know how it compares to ATT contract plans

But coverage is exactly the same

Comment

I switched a couple of years ago. Same coverage as att. Every time I walked out of an att store I was completely wissed off. Completely glad I switched. Absolutely no BS with cricket.

Comment

I'm not sure....But I do know that Sprint Sucks!

Comment

Hotspot

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                        Curious on the hot spot. Is it unlimited data?? What are you running on it??
                        I don’t think it’s unlimited data. I don’t really know since it is on my wife’s phone. We use it mostly for my sons iPad while on the road.

Comment

In Terlingua my Cricket does not work but ATT does. I have found a few other places like this but I can't remember. That being said I still have Cricket. It is not worth it for the slight difference in coverage area.

Comment

ATT bought Cricket a few years ago. I have an ATT cell (Samsung S4 Active) with a Cricket adapter for the Cricket sims chip. I've never had a problem with coverage. And Data is just as fast for me. My Cricket account was for Unlimited Text/Talk and 2 gig of data nation wide free long distance, just like ATT. Since I switched two years ago, Cricket has up graded my data plan free of charge, one gig at a time to 5 gigs now. And last month gave me free unlimited data. I'm paying $35 month on the auto draw and save $5 more by doing that. I wonder how much I have saved vs going ATT for the original Unlimited T/T and 2 gigs? My $$ rates have never changed. And I "pay as I go".

Comment

My AT&T plan for unlimited data is running over $200 per month. Am I crazy not to switch. One IPhone on my plan nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                              X