Does anybody here own a Benelli M2 field or Montefeltro in 20 gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody here own a Benelli M2 field or Montefeltro in 20 gauge

I went on a mixed bag bird hunt last week and had a blast. I have a Benelli Nova pump 20 gauge and did better than I expected but a couple of times was wishing for a little quicker follow up shot.

I had no problems knocking down quail, pheasant and chukkar with the 20 gauge and I wasn't whining about my shoulder hurting like the other guys shooting their 12 gauge over and unders.

Anyway, just looking for some feedback on these guns cause I can easily see a new addiction coming on.

Mike I shoot an M1 20 ga exclusively for ducks, dove, pheasants, and even turkey and geese. I have shot my SBE in almost 4 years....wouldn't trade it for the world.

The M-2 is a cosmetic upgrade with crio lined barrels and a recoil reduction butt stock.........all are great shooting irons....

I had it dipped for my waterfowling.....

Last edited by Smart; 02-01-2009, 09:34 PM.

Comment

My buddy has one in 20 gauge and I just got done shooting a limit of geese and a couple of cranes with it. It is fast handling, easy to load, and deadly accurate with the right chokes. Today's 20 guage 3" shells are just as potent as any twelve gauge out to about 35 yards. If you buy one it will make you a great gun.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

that should have read .....I haven't shot my SBE in almost 4 years....

Comment

I have had a 20 ga montefeltro for 8 years and would not trade it for anything. I have abused that little gun from quail hunting to doves and pigeons in south america. it just wont quit

Comment

I have an SBE II and I certainly wish they made it in a 20ga. I've been looking at a few different 20ga shotguns lately and this is what I've come up with after holding several...

Montefeltro 20 - Felt great, extremely light, but the elevated rib was extremely low and I had to work to get it to where I was looking down the rail instead of on to it.

M2 - Would probably be my choice, but I was looking for a wood stock and forearm and I don't think that's offered.

Franchi 720 - Felt great, pointed great, elevated rib was slightly lower than I would have liked.

Browning Silver - pointed great, elevated rib was great, but personally I'm not a big fan of the fatter pistol grip.

Remington 1100 G3 - Awesome!!!!

Comment

I just bought a Winchester SX3 back in December, I think you owe it to yourself to check it out before buying. I was choosing between the Browning Silver, Franchi I-12, and Winchester sx3. The winchester was a no brainer once I got it in my hands and swung it a few times. I have shot a box through it and it is like night and day from any other shotgun I have ever shot. The action is FAAAAAAAAST! and the recoil is lower than any 20 gauge I have ever owned

Comment

I want the 12ga montefeltro, that will be my next shotgun. Right now I have a Franchi 720 great gun super easy to clean, you are able to get shorter stocks if you ever want to pass it along to your kids. Try this site for more research. http://www.shotgunworld.com/ Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by dwd2001 View Post
                    I have an SBE II and I certainly wish they made it in a 20ga. ...

dwd.....I am assuming your SBEs are wood grained based on yoru comment above??...

The Benelli Ultra Light and Legacy is probably going to be your only choice in a wood grained Benelli 20 ga.
                    Last edited by Smart; 02-02-2009, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by codiehedge View Post
                      I just bought a Winchester SX3 back in December, I think you owe it to yourself to check it out before buying. I was choosing between the Browning Silver, Franchi I-12, and Winchester sx3. The winchester was a no brainer once I got it in my hands and swung it a few times. I have shot a box through it and it is like night and day from any other shotgun I have ever shot. The action is FAAAAAAAAST! and the recoil is lower than any 20 gauge I have ever owned
                      I don't want a gas operated gun. I have read nothing but good about the SX3 though.

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      dwd.....I am assuming your SBEs are wood grained based on yoru comment above??...

The Benelli Ultra Light and Legacy is probably going to be your only choice in a wood grained Benelli 20 ga.
                      Nope, the M2 is available in walnut as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        I don't want a gas operated gun. I have read nothing but good about the SX3 though.
                        no 20 gauge either.....but definitely a nice gun...

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        Nope, the M2 is available in walnut as well.

http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli_m2.php
                        I am almost positive the 20 is not available in that walnut Mike....just the 12.....

Check the specs....

On edit....the M2 20 is not available in walnut.....
                        Last edited by Smart; 02-02-2009, 05:21 PM.

Comment

My Cordoba saw more blind time than my SBE this year, I love that little gun. I have a Monte that was my target gun, I had to add weight to it for that but it has over 30k rounds through it and never a problem... a hang up here and there but never a JAM or a broken part. I went Cordoba cause I wanted the 28" barrel

Comment

DAVE RAMSEY is now leaving the building.LOL

Comment

I have an M2 Field 12 Gauge in Walnut. Last shotgun I will ever buy (unless I win the lottery or somesuch.)

I have never been a believer in the perceived additional benefit of a 3.5" shell. Therefore the M2 meets and exceeds all my needs tremendously. Pheasants, quail, ducks, geese, etc. fall easily.

Bear in mind, the M2 in wood doesn't have all the comfort features that are built into the synthetic - but that stuff is for pansies anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X