Release question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release question

I have been shooting a wrist release forever. I have been thinking about going to a t-handle release. I mainly hunt but may start shooting in some 3D competitions. If you switched to a t-handle, why do you like it better? Thanks for the help.

Don't have to clip on to the D loop under pressure. Clip on the hand held release and let it hang until go time.

Comment

Curious about this as well

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
        Don't have to clip on to the D loop under pressure. Clip on the hand held release and let it hang until go time.
        X2. I like the feel of shooting a thumb release better than a wrist release. & you don't have to wear it the whole time. Just seems more comfortable to me. Shoot one first before you decide to switch.

Comment

I have tried a bunch of both. I like the Carter Quikie. Use it for comps and hunting. But try one and see. It really is pers. preference..

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
            This ^^^^ and it feels much easier to draw and hold at full draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Flame-Tamer View Post
              I have tried a bunch of both. I like the Carter Quikie. Use it for comps and hunting. But try one and see. It really is pers. preference..
              Agreed on the Quickie. And with the same admonition - there is no one release that is the answer. Shoot whatever you feel most comfortable with.

I see way too many guys advocating for this or that release as the answer to all prayers. No way, Jose.

Comment

The old deer skin tab releases = answer to all prayers =P

I missed the whole mainstream transition from finger releases to mechanical releases. It was a little bit of an adjustment when I got back into bow hunting.

I do have to say that offsetting the pro of having a thumb release hanging on the string would be just that. You have a release hanging on your string... all kinds of possibilities to have it get caught on something in the tree stand... knock up against something when you move to shooting position...

I would disregard any pros or cons of each of them and go with which one you feel more confident with.

For instance... I dislike having to wear mine the entire time in the stand. But I much prefer my scott shark to any of the other release types I tried.

Go shoot a few and pick the one that gets you excited =P

Comment

Carter Chocolate lite and others like that. Go to CCR and talk to them about thumb releases. They have a pretty good assortment of them to try out and find on that you like.

Comment

Originally posted by D C View Post
                    Carter Chocolate lite and others like that. Go to CCR and talk to them about thumb releases. They have a pretty good assortment of them to try out and find on that you like.
                    My wife wants that one. She tried it the other day and fell in love. She doesn't like mine though. Mine isn't a quick connect (or whatever you call it) like the Chocolate and that's why she doesn't like mine. I'm used to connecting mine though and it's no big deal.

They're high but worth it to me.

Comment

I got rid of my carter chocolate addiction cause it would click to loud for hunting. But i did like it when i shot 3d. Now i only shoot wrist releases. Im sure there are quiet thumreleases

Comment

Working...
                      X