Mechanicals out of an untuned bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mechanicals out of an untuned bow

Ever since raising my draw weight my fixed blades (slick trick mags) don't shoot where my field tips do. But my field tips shoot great. I ordered some grim reapers and was wondering
    If they will shoot like my field tips as advertised?

Thanks

My grim reapers have always flown exactly like my field tips. I do tune my bow regularly though

Comment

Fixed blades often shoot different than field points. That's why a shoot mechanicals

Comment

Tune your bow or turn the weight back down.

Comment

I'm pretty new to bow hunting, what exactly do people mean when they say tune your now?

Comment

Tune your bow............. if you don't know how, take it over to The Bow Zone and have Richard set you up.

No matter what BH you are useing, why would you not want your bow tuned and preforming to it max potential?

Comment

My slick's fly identical to field points. I would tune it if it was me.

Comment

Originally posted by txriddle17 View Post
                I'm pretty new to bow hunting, what exactly do people mean when they say tune your now?
                Could be a number of things from your rest to knock point to the spine of your arrow.

If your turned up the weight and your fixed blades were fine before I would think its real likely that your now under spined sending your bh's off the mark. Just because your field points are hitting here your aiming doesn't mean they're shooting 'good'

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
                  Tune your bow or turn the weight back down.
                  X2

Comment

If the bow is not tuned you can run into some big time penetration issues with any broadhead much less a mech. Getter tuned bro. Its not as complicated as it sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                      If the bow is not tuned you can run into some big time penetration issues with any broadhead much less a mech. Getter tuned bro. Its not as complicated as it sounds.
                      Saved me some typing^^^^

If they fly different, then one aint in the same "straight " path...this kills penetration..........on a device that requires more penetrating power to begin with.

I'd

Back weight down

tune arrows to current poundage (this might require new arrows)

Comment

Look up paper tuning and walk back tuning. Easton has a guide on their site. Takes about an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                          Fixed blades often shoot different than field points. That's why a shoot mechanicals
                          Not if it's tuned properly

Comment

other thing could be spine issues. by tune the draw weight up you may be a little under spined. Yes field point can still shoot well with a weak spine But broadheads will show more of a problem. i would just tune the bow back down to the weight you had it. after season is over then work on the issues.

Comment

i was arguing with someone about this.

guy doesn't want to tune
                              guy can't a breadhead to group with fp
                              guy switches to mechanical
                              guy gets poor penetration blames the head
                              guy posts how terrible head is

I'm not going to lie that I didn't always tune . . . . but now that i see it's affect there is no way I'd shoot a bow that I didn't take the hour or so it takes to get right. Fact is a well tuned bow causes an arrow to fly better no matter what type of head is on it. I saw a measurable increase in the penetration and the number of pass throughs I got once i started tuning my bows.

answer your question yes you will see the mech and fp group the same. but thats just hiding an arrow flight problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X