No announcement yet.

2011 lake Grapevine Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

River buck, when I started hunting grapevine I went back and read all of old threads to try to get anyhelp, then walked and walked and then walked some more.

Comment

Public land hunting has always been the hardest way to hunt deer, the main reason is they are forced to change their normal patterns. The big boys will always find areas no can get too, usually private land that nobody can hunt. Good luck this year, everyone will need it.

Comment

I'm in... Hey. You boys be careful out there! I saw some big cat paw prints in the mud near knobby hill. they sure as heal weren't from a bobcat. Anyone know anything about this?

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyhunta View Post
          I'm in... Hey. You boys be careful out there! I saw some big cat paw prints in the mud near knobby hill. they sure as heal weren't from a bobcat. Anyone know anything about this?
          Yeah my dad lived on G-Vine for 5 years, he saw lions twice out there. Male once, and then once saw a female with young. Of course that was from boat. They are protected on CORPS land just FYI!

-Matt

Comment

Dangerous...I think its got to be 40# before its legal.Im going to go get my permit from Grapevine friday and Ill ask about the crossbow thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
              Dangerous...I think its got to be 40# before its legal.Im going to go get my permit from Grapevine friday and Ill ask about the crossbow thing.
              Johnny

TPWD removed the minimum draw weight requirement 2 years ago.

Comment

Just picked up my permit! Nice to see the season runs through the end of deer season including antlerless this year!

Comment

Just 6 more weeks till youth season

Comment

Originally posted by Brushpopper View Post
                    Just 6 more weeks till youth season

Comment

Can someone clarify for me. Is it 600' from the red areas or 600' from the red line. If it's 600' from the red line, we are all screwed. That leaves about a 1/3 of the area to hunt. Let me know how you guys read it.

Comment

Totally bummed that I didn't get drawn. I was able to get the youth hunt for my two 15 year-old sons so I hope to have them out in a pop-up the first week.
                        Good luck everyone.

Comment

What red line.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                            Can someone clarify for me. Is it 600' from the red areas or 600' from the red line. If it's 600' from the red line, we are all screwed. That leaves about a 1/3 of the area to hunt. Let me know how you guys read it.
                            600' from solid red areas, the red line is stated as line for government land in the key on the printed map.

Comment

600' from solid red area, 6' from red border.

Comment

That makes better sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me. My son and I will be out there the first weekend of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X