Anyone been to First Point in Sabinal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been to First Point in Sabinal

I have a chance to go to First Point in Dec. and was wondering what this place was like. I read on their website that you provide your own stand and there is no hunting around the feeders. What was your experience with seeing quality deer? Are the accomidations worth a dang? Thanks for any help.

Firstpoint is not in Sabinal. It is between Uvalde and Eagle Pass. Sabinal is just there mailing address. I would highly suggest that you do go, especially since you can go in December. The accomidations are not five star but they are good. They have 2 mobile homes shaped like an L. As far as deer just look at the pictures. There are not too many places you can go see the quality of deer they have for there price. Do a search for First Point and you should be able to pull up some other advice.

Comment

The accommodations are very basic. You will probably get a bunk bed with a foam mattress but there are bathrooms with hot water. What more could you ask for?

There are basic mobile home kitchens with refrigerators and a grill outside. If you are looking for plush accommodations, this isn’t it for sure. No one is going to bring you room service or serve up a steaming hot meal unless you cook it.

If you are looking for a place to put your head down at night after a hard day’s hunt and able to take a hot shower, then it should be sufficient. It sure beats sleeping in a tent or in the back of a pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
        What more could you ask for?

[/SIZE][/FONT]
        That sounds just fine to me. Just making sure it wasn't an abandoned crack house (Yes, there is a place like that out there. Been there, will never do it again!)

Comment

What place was that? You should definetly go if you have a chance.

Comment

If you have a chance in December, it would be a great time to go. There are some really nice deer on the place.

Comment

We just got back this weekend Javi hunting..The accomadations are way better than sleeping in a tent. Hot showers,bunks, A/C and a kitchen with everything you need. (dishes,coffe maker, fridge,microwave,etc.)

We saw tons of deer...We would feed the roads and the deer came out..
              If I didn't have a deer lease I would be there.

Comment

It's worth the trip. We will be there Dec 7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Whackmaster View Post

We saw tons of deer...We would feed the roads and the deer came out..
                  If I didn't have a deer lease I would be there.
                  I have a deer lease.... and I hunt First Point.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                    I have a deer lease.... and I hunt First Point.

Good

Comment

I also have a deer lease and hunt Firstpoint. You should make it a point to go.
                      Really smart deer but a Lot of Fun knowing you have a chance at a big one

Comment

Working...
                      X