Hardeman Doe Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardeman Doe Down

This is my second doe from the new lease (forgot to get pictures from the first), I shot her Saturday morning. I switched back to Slick Tricks for this doe.

It was one of those mornings that had both things go wrong, and things go right. It all started when I finally pulled into the lease at 1:00 A.M. Saturday morning. (Wasn't able to leave home until around 9ish, the wife and I were at a Sunday School Christmas party.) Woke up a little late, to a "chilly" morning. After getting ready, I loaded up the truck and headed out.
    Got to my parking spot and realized nature was calling (rather loudly). Did I mention it was a little "chilly"? Luckily, I didn't have ALL my clothes on. I get dressed and head toward the blind. I look to the east and realize it's getting light. DOH! Man, am I running late! I get in the blind, get every thing situated, and the feeder goes off after about 10 minutes.
    5 minutes after the feeder goes off, I have a young doe come in from the south. I watched and waited, then a button buck came in from the north. Still waiting for something bigger, then in walks Momma.
    She was giving me all kinds of shot options, but the 2 young 'uns stayed in behind her. FINALLY, they all move apart. I lift the bow, and realize that the broadhead has dirt and leaves frozen to it. I get this stuff removed from the broadhead, and the juniors are back behind her. Again, I wait for a clear shot. Once again they clear, I draw back, pin in the armpit and dump the string. She runs out of sight and I hear the crash. It's 7:20, so I waited about an hour to see if anything else came in.

View form the feeder:

Click image for larger version

Name:	View from the feeder.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	24790014

Where she dropped:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DRT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	24790012