Anyone have the Sony a6000 mirriorless camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have the Sony a6000 mirriorless camera

Looking to go mirrorless, I want a camera that's absolutely silent and good, don't like the shutter sound. Just wonder how well this camera performs in low light. Thanks for info.

My mom bought one a few years back. I have messed around with it a few times. A few things I've noticed about it were.

-Veiwfinder is horrible
    -Jpegs are not great but okay for snap shots
    -ISO 6400 is good but you start seeing noise in the shadows
    -kit lens 16-50 whatever their telephoto kit lens ??-210 are not that impressive
    -also 210mm is the longest lens they have
    -auto focus is not that great
    -menu system not that great

Things you should know about the shutter sound.
    -only the electronic shutter is silent
    -mechanical shutter still makes noise although little bit quieter than dslr
    -cannot shoot moving subjects well with electronic shutter

Comment

Wow I read that it had the fastest auto focus out there. Doesn't seem to have a lot of positives at all. Maybe I hold out. Thanks Robby, Nubbin.

Comment

It may have had the fastest auto focus back when it first came out, but it's not going to be as good as a dslr. The newest model is the 6500 which probably have way better focus.

Sorry, Just read that again, and didn't mean to sound so negative. For the price it's a great option, and my mom loves the thing. Mirror less cameras are awesome and half the size of dslrs. I just thought it would be good to know their downfalls.

For the record I switched from Canon full frame 6D to the Fuji XT1. I now have the XT2 with a crap load of Fuji glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X