6.5 creedm Hornady 143 gr. ELD-X misfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 creedm Hornady 143 gr. ELD-X misfire

I shoot the Ruger American predator 6.5 with these Hornady bullets, They have shot great for what I use it for... besides 2 misfires using these bullets in about 2 maybe 3 boxes. One on doe and other on aoudad (to bad it wasn't at range) Both misfired rounds had light pin marks on primer.

So is it the ELDX Hornady ammo that I have heard such good things about or it the gun?

Thanks

I'd check the gun first. Have you taken the bolt apart, removed the firing pin and spring? I'd start there and make sure its clean and lightly oiled.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
      I'd check the gun first. Have you taken the bolt apart, removed the firing pin and spring? I'd start there and make sure its clean and lightly oiled.
      No I have not... I am not that familiar with doing these type but will give it a try... rifle has suppressor so I could see how it may need some cleaning.

Comment

My RPR 6.5 loves the factory eld-x rounds. Never had any misfire out of 10 or so boxes.

Comment

sounds like a firing pin or bolt issue. I had this happen in a 308 and the trigger was not letting the bolt assembly function properly. Replaced the trigger and it fixed it. What brand gun is it?

Comment

My 6.5 loves the Hornady ammo also. No issues with misfires. Check your gun.

Comment

Sound like your firing pin not fully striking the primer (as you mentioned small marks). Check the trigger assembly and pin. It should work fine afterwards

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda2525 View Post
                sounds like a firing pin or bolt issue. I had this happen in a 308 and the trigger was not letting the bolt assembly function properly. Replaced the trigger and it fixed it. What brand gun is it?
                Ruger American Predator 6.5

Comment

Definitely sounds like a gun issue.

Comment

Originally posted by BangBang View Post
                    My RPR 6.5 loves the factory eld-x rounds. Never had any misfire out of 10 or so boxes.
                    Mine too. I have put about 4 boxes through mine with not so much as a sniffle. They shoot great.

Comment

Thanks guys and yea as mentioned its a ruger

Comment

I sure hope it’s not the rounds I just bought a pack u opened so far but that’s a lot of coin to drop for results like that

Comment

I had two boxes of Hornady Whitetail in 100 grain. Had 3 misfires from one box 7 from the other. I went back to my Remington or Winchester 100 grain and have had zero issues. [I] am shooting A Ruger American in .243

Comment

Did you try them again?

Comment

No did no retry the misfires.

Comment

Working...
                              X