Seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
    Don’t get me started...could throw some $ toward school safety measures but the money was spent on recreation
    Yes sir, them boys gotta play football in huge stadium My school taxes are huge, and I have heard that there is not enough computers for a full class of students.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
      I live near enough to the stadium to hear the bands, announcers, etc., what other "tons" of sports are being played there? All I hear are Thursday and Friday night games. Usual HS football.
      They've literally held College games there. Many other cities come in to play their games there. There is literally no other facility that can accommodate their band and practices.

And it's not just a field. They have a whole facility there for the various teams.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        They've literally held College games there. Many other cities come in to play their games there. There is literally no other facility that can accommodate their band and practices.

And it's not just a field. They have a whole facility there for the various teams.
        Then the local taxpayers should not be burdened with that debt if colleges and other schools are coming there to play games.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
          Then the local taxpayers should not be burdened with that debt if colleges and other schools are coming there to play games.
          They dont get to use the facility for free

Comment

They make money when that happens. Hosting UIL playoff games, college games, 7on7 tournaments, Soccer playoff games, band competitions. Districts with big stadiums have a people that seek out and book these events because they make the district money.

Comment

What college games? This is the first I've heard about it. I'm sure there is the usual track and field events, but they aren't loud enough to hear. The only time I seen other teams play there are when the playoff's begin.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                They make money when that happens. Hosting UIL playoff games, college games, 7on7 tournaments, Soccer playoff games, band competitions. Districts with big stadiums have a people that seek out and book these events because they make the district money.
                I drive right beside the thing twice a day 6 days a week. I don't see any of this happening.

Comment

Most of you guys are way off base. Most PTA associations do one fundraiser a year as part of PTA. This has nothing to do with the district and it is school by school, not district. This is where parents and teachers come together to purchase mutually agreed upon items that will help that particular school, again not district. They typically solicit the donations, rather than having the kids have to sell candy bars and crap like that. It is actually a better way to do it. The district can't because of stupid Robin Hood laws.....

Comment

They dont get to use the facility for free
                    I understand that, but school taxes never go down. I guess they consider the revenue from other functions as a way to offset operating expenses?

Comment

Yes sir, them boys gotta play football in huge stadium My school taxes are huge, and I have heard that there is not enough computers for a full class of students.
                      When my son was in middle school in Allen, one year toilet paper was on the school supply list!

Comment

Allen Eagle alumni 2009- I guess between the two it's at least a plus that the donations are voluntary, whereas the high taxes are voluntold-ary.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                          Most of you guys are way off base. Most PTA associations do one fundraiser a year as part of PTA. This has nothing to do with the district and it is school by school, not district. This is where parents and teachers come together to purchase mutually agreed upon items that will help that particular school, again not district. They typically solicit the donations, rather than having the kids have to sell candy bars and crap like that. It is actually a better way to do it. The district can't because of stupid Robin Hood laws.....
                          Man they would have to sell a chit ton of candy bars to pay for that Allen stadium. Everyone in the county would have sugar diabetes.

Comment

Id be more curious to hear how much revenue it draws. Have those numbers ever been released? Appears to be pretty **** packed in those photos. How many games do they host? I assume not just varsity or football? How many other cities do they host? Concessions, parking? The city had no control over the cracking and I suspect it is probably still in litigation? Someone will pay for the repairs be it the GC or the architect/ Structural engineer or both. Oh yeah as people mentioned the city voted on it and I suspect local business thrives on game days.
                            Unfortunately playgrounds do not create revenue. I know that is a crappy thing to say but unfortunately its reality. I would hope they are pushing more to local business for donations.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                              These school admins just like most govt admin types are huge empire builders. Little kids cant even have a playground because they want to say they have a bigger football stadium. We need a re emergence of the guillotine to fix these people.
                              Yup. Down here in Katy we just send the Superintendents on their way with $750,000.00!

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                                The 4 requests I got this week had nothing to do with PTA. I get their stuff too.

Comment

Working...
                                X