Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping to hit one this Saturday Night

Finally going to be able to give this a try. I got the Photon XT from 35Remington all mounted up and sighted in yesterday. I was surprised at how easy it was to get it sighted in. The QD rings worked well on my Sig 516, and I used an old Primary Arms red-dot mount to attach the Sniper Hog Lights 50lr on the bottom rail.
    Attached Files

Comment

My wife gave me a Photon XT 6.5x50 for anniversary/birthday. Surprised to say the least.

Now I just need something to mount it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post

Went out with some friends last weekend. Only got on one sounder but wiped it out. Good times.
        Nice!! What optics were y'all using?

Originally posted by T_Sebastian View Post
        Finally going to be able to give this a try. I got the Photon XT from 35Remington all mounted up and sighted in yesterday. I was surprised at how easy it was to get it sighted in. The QD rings worked well on my Sig 516, and I used an old Primary Arms red-dot mount to attach the Sniper Hog Lights 50lr on the bottom rail.
        That looks like a great setup. Can't wait to see the results of what it does. I think you'll be very happy with the Photon.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
          Nice!! What optics were y'all using?

Guns belong to the guide, all suppressed. Optics were Reap-IR, MK3-35 and Argus 740

I was using my PVS14 and my Reap to scan. Cant wait for my cans to come in.

As an aside, the F1 3G rifles are freaking amazing! Absolutely zero gas blowback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok fellas, time for a quick NV update with some surprising mid year news.

Pulsar shocked everyone by drastically dropping the price on the brand new Pulsar Quantum Lite XQ23V 1.8-7.2x18 Thermal Monocular from $2,199 to $1,699! That crazy. It was already the least expensive thermal monocular for it's specifications, but this is a game changer at this price. A thermal monocular with an AMOLED display, 50Hz refresh rate, 17 microns and 384x288 resolution for $1,699 would have been a pipe dream a few weeks ago. I'm not sure what prompted this but it's a huge price drop and it's making waves in the thermal handheld world.

Speaking of price drops, Sightmark announced a mid-year price drop on both the 6.5x50 versions of the Photon XT. The 4.6x42S will remain at $499.
            The 6.5x50S dropped from $649 to $549.
            The 6.5x50L dropped from $699 to $649.

Also, in NV news, Pulsar announced a new very small one piece QD mount that should be available in a couple months and it should be an optional replacement for the standard mount on all the Pulsar Trails, Apexes and the Core RXQ30V. No details on price yet but from the limited info and the prototype, it looks really good.

- Jason

Comment

Also, in NV news, Pulsar announced a new very small one piece QD mount that should be available in a couple months and it should be an optional replacement for the standard mount on all the Pulsar Trails, Apexes and the Core RXQ30V. No details on price yet but from the limited info and the prototype, it looks really good.

- Jason
              This may have been mentioned already but zero delta already has a sweet mount out for the Pulsar trail line and others. The factory Pulsar QD mount is about as bad as they come. I hope the new rail they put out there is along the lines of this one:

Night vision and thermal imaging devices and accessories in stock for sale or rent.

Sent from my LG-V496 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                This may have been mentioned already but zero delta already has a sweet mount out for the Pulsar trail line and others. The factory Pulsar QD mount is about as bad as they come. I hope the new rail they put out there is along the lines of this one:

Night vision and thermal imaging devices and accessories in stock for sale or rent.

No offense to Ultimate Night Vision, I'm friends with those guys and do a lot business with them but I sell the mount too. http://www.outdoorlegacygear.com/dlo...se-mount-.html

It is a VERY nice mount and it's about as high quality as a mount can be. In other related news, Pulsar just announced their new soon-to-be-released QD mount that looks extremely similar to the Zero Delta mount. Not much info on it yet, it's still in the prototype and testing phase but I have a strong suspicion it will be nice.

- Jason

Comment

I know, I just ordered one from u a few hours ago! I actually copied the wrong link in my earlier post!

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                    I know, I just ordered one from u a few hours ago! I actually copied the wrong link in my earlier post!

HA!! So that was YOU! [emoji16] I'll get it shipped out Monday. Thank you very much.

Comment

HA!! So that was YOU! [emoji16] I'll get it shipped out Monday. Thank you very much.
                      Thanks, bud!

Comment

First time taking the x-sight out, I think I'm hooked!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5379.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	24501945
                        Short video of hunt.
                        First day/night hog hunt with Oracle and X-Sight.

Comment

Wasn't killed with night vision or thermal but we had thermal out!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9168.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	24502007

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just dialed in my new Zeus Pro 100mm and waiting on nightfall [emoji16][emoji869][emoji203]

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                              Just dialed in my new Zeus Pro 100mm and waiting on nightfall [emoji16][emoji869][emoji203]

First pig down [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Comment

That was supposed to be a . Not sure how it turned into that other emoji.lol Sorry about that!

Great looking kill pics guys, keep 'em coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X